00: A New Job

I Need You : Jeon Jungkook

00 : A New Job

-×××-

"Find me a job. I really don't care however annoying , dirty or inhumane place I've to work in, just find me a job. Please." I was desperately begging of him.

I lost my job today and basically, I'm about to starve. There were beads of perspiration on my forehead though the air conditioner in the cafe was working well.

The other customers were throwing daggers at me with their curious and somewhat hungry stares. Maybe because I'm dressed in a sleeveless shirt with a short mini skirt and black ankle length boots. Well that was my dress code where I worked.

The bar.

"Didn't I warn you beforehand Veñ? I said your stepping into the hellhole like a foolish prey."

Hyungsik took off his blazer that he was wearing and gently draped it around my shoulders. He must've noticed the abusive stares.

Hyungsik, is my childhood friend and is also my best friend. We grew up together after I shifted to Seoul from Busan. My mom got divorced and after that, she moved into this house which is our aunt's who willingly offered it to us.

And now that I've lived here for a long time, me and Hyungsik have become quite used to each other. And we have many things in common, maybe that's why we get along well.

He understands me. We're like the soulmate best friends.

We love pizza, absolutely hate swimming pools and have zero tolerance for both, alcohol and smoking. Wonder how can I even work at the bar when I'm myself into it.

But I was bound to work there, to support my family. When mom got divorced, I was still in high school.

And on the issue of divorce, all the wealth that my father owned was naturally taken away and my mother was left alone with me and my sister, Ivy Kim who is still a primary schooler.

I haven't even graduated yet because I wasn't allowed to attend due to the non payment of fees.

I remember how my mother worked day and night without any rest in restaurants, serving as a waitress to just earn enough to pay the fees for my sister's education. Sometimes, I even slept hungry.

But this didn't carry on for long. My mother got seriously I'll previous year and in order to manage the small household that we have, I had to do something.

And the only place I found was at the bar. Or maybe the bar found me.

Hyungsik's family has always been a huge help to us. His mother often visits our house to check upon my mother, who stays at home now. His father drops and even brings Ivy back from school.