12: Against The Contract

I Need You : Jeon Jungkook

12 : Against The Contract

-×××-

"Noona , noona come quick, mom is calling us." I could hear my brother shouting as he jumps excitedly while pulling my T-shirt.

"Aigoo Junhae wait a minute. I'm just taking out the umbrella. Go on, I'm coming." I ushered him to go to our parents who were now arranging the stuffs on the pale blue blanket that was spread on the green grass under the oak tree.

It being Sunday today, means a fun day. Dad's off from office, me and Junhae have no school for today. So, dad decided on this short outdoor family time as a picnic beside this lake here. It's only an hour's drive from our house.

A beautiful weather, sunny day, a lake, loads of food and my family.... Mom, dad, Junhae , me and our little sister Ivy Kim who's only three years old as of now. She never really leaves my mother's side. Even now, she's huddled up in mother's lap, peacefully sucking her pacifier.

Just by looking at this beautiful scene, makes my heart burst with joy. I quickly locked the car after taking out the huge umbrella and jogged towards them.

I handed over the umbrella to dad. He took it from me and lovingly ruffled my hairs.

We were all having a good time eating and chatting together. This place is somewhat isolated. There's no one apart from us. Ivy was sound asleep on mother's lap who was being all lovey dovey with dad as they chatted and fed each other.

Junhae and I exchanged knowing glances. I saw he was eating strawberries nonstop, like one after the other.

"Omo Jun, how damn hungry are you boy, you are gonna eat the whole jar down."

I reprimanded him wiping off the stains from the corner of his lips and his chin as well. Jeez he's a messy eater, well just like me. I think it's genetic. Even our dad's a messy eater.

"You really love strawberries that much?" I asked him.

"Yeppp noona. I love this pink berry berry ... strawberry. It's the best, sweet, beautiful and delicious." Junhae said. I just pursed my lips and nodded.

"Veñ, even you like strawberries. Don't you dear?" My mom asked me while dad was busy finishing off his food.

"Hmm kind of. All thanks to Jun, the only fruit we ever eat is strawberry." I said nonchalantly. Jun didn't like me teasing him and all he did was whine while hitting the table with his petite hands.

Mom glared at me. I mouthed a 'fine ... I'm sorry' and adverted my gaze.

After we all had finished eating, I helped my dad with the cleaning. Mom was busy with Ivy who didn't let her have even a moment's rest as she kept on asking for chocolates from time to time. Mom always keeps spare chocolates for her.