Chapter One

Clarke emerged from a large cloud of green smoke, sweating from head to toe, as she fell to the cold floor. Her long, blonde hair clung to her flushed face, as she tried to catch her breath. The ominous green smoke vanished and Clarke was left alone in the darkness. She stood up slowly, trying to stop the dizziness from overtaking her and squinted. Clarke could see nothing around her and it was eerily silent and chilly, causing little goosebumps to appear on her arms. She stumbled forwards and walked aimlessly until she spotted a patch of light in the distance. Clarke licked her cracked lips, as she widened her unfocused eyes and walked into the light.

Sunlight flooded her vision, making her eyes water and close abruptly. Once she could open her eyes again, she unsteadily turned around and noticed that she had just walked out of a strangely large cave, embedded in a small cliff that was attached to a few slightly bigger mountains. Clarke let out a breath of awe and confusion, as the sight was completely foreign to her.

Clarke walked away from the cave after a couple of minutes of pointless standing, and took in her unfamiliar surroundings. Much to her delight she was surrounded by towering trees, lush grass and rich mud. She could hear running water in the distance and birds chirping, as they flew high above her head. She looked up past the trees to the cloudless, blue sky and breathed in as much clean air as she could. A weak smile appeared on her lips, as she slowly took everything in.

Earth. Clarke thought to herself. She knew that this wasn't her Earth, she assumed that it may have been a earlier versions of it. Maybe the green smoke had transported her though time, or to a completely new place. But she knew one thing, and that was that this place was at least similar to an Earth that she once knew.

Clarke sluggishly walked deeper into the animated forest, her muscles ached and her head hurt, but an excitement within her pushed her forwards.

She looked an absolute state, as her skin was still soar and red in places, most of the blisters had healed, but traces of them still remained.

Clarke had unknowingly been walking towards the river. Her face lit up at the clean, clear, captivating water and she ran towards it without a second thought. She fell to her knees painfully, but didn't care as she gulped down some of the fresh water, quenching her extreme thirst.

Clarke pulled off her bloody top, jeans, undergarments and shoes, that she had been wearing for weeks, throwing them on the ground carelessly. She dived into the water, being careful not to slip into the deeper and rougher parts of the river. Clarke submerged herself after getting used to the cold temperature, and relaxed as she floated mindlessly, still being careful not to be pulled away by the current. After what felt like forever, Clarke washed herself and her hair thoroughly, as best she could without any soap. Clarke then pulled her clothes into the water and washed them as best as she could, hoping to remove some of the putrid blood and dried mud. She left the water shortly after and left her clothes and herself to dry out in the sun, shivering occasionally as a cold breeze hit her.

Her clothes dried as nightfall drew nearer, and Clarke rushed to put them on, wanting to find somewhere to settle before it got overly dark. She walked for an hour through the endless forest and greenery, being thankful that it wasn't the endless desert, trying to find somewhere sheltered or remotely safe looking. Eventually, she stubbled across a fair-sized, wooden cabin in the distance. Clarke's feet immediately sped up towards it and soon enough she was standing on the porch, staring at the wooden door.

Her gaze explored the porch, looking for something to use as a weapon; Clarke didn't trust people easily these days. Her ocean blue eyes feel on a tatty, old umbrella that led in the corner.