Chapter Fifteen

They searched for hours with no success, leaving Alicia distraught. Her heart was pumping a mile a minute and she couldn't stop imagining the worse. She knew Clarke was strong, that much was obvious, but that didn't mean she knew how to survive alone. Jack had brought up going back and regrouping a few times, suggesting that it would be easier to reach Clarke on the radio. But Alicia wasn't thinking with her head, she just wanted to see Clarke and make sure that their last fight wasn't the last time they would speak to each other. Jack had been about to turn the car around despite Alicia's pleas when they saw a sign for a nearby town. 

"Let's just check the town, if she isn't their then we can go back and figure something else out." She asked Jack, looking at him straight in the eyes making it hard for him to disagree. "Please Jack." 

Jack let out a deep breath and nodded, turning the car towards the town and slowly driving through, looking for any sign of Clarke. 

"Pull over." Alicia said, pulling out her sharpened barrel shroud. 

"Alicia the walkers?" Jack replied in a way of protest, but with one look from Alicia he pulled over, taking out his own weapon and getting out of the car. They killed the few walkers around them until they saw a larger group in the distance, around thirty strong. "Get back in the car, now Alicia."

They made it back into the car as the first few walker's got close, rushing to the car as quick as they could manage. They swarmed around the car and Teddy covered his hears, hating the scratching noises and hungry groans that came from their bloody mouths. Alicia looked back at him with sympathy, knowing that he shouldn't have come with how worried he was for Clarke. She looked back outside, her heart dropping when she heard Jack push the accelerator and the car struggling to move through the walkers. 

"Shit." Alicia whispered when there was a loud bang and a dark smoke starting flying up from the hood of the car, the car stopped a second later and wouldn't start up again. "What are we going to do?" 

"Wait it out and hope they move on?" Jack's unsure voice filled Alicia with anything but confidence. 

"Where is she! I don't get how she could get further than this unless she walked though the night." Alicia snapped, frustration overtaking her body when she couldn't see anyway out of the car without them all dying. 

"Maybe she went a different direction, even if she was trying to get back to where you found her it doesn't mean she went though this town. And not to seem like an asshole or anything Alicia, but I think we are in a worse position right now." Jack replied, before hitting the steering wheel with an angry yell. Before Alicia could reply her window gave a frightening creek and a small crack in the glass appeared. The glass wouldn't hold much longer, Alicia and the other's grabbed their guns reading themselves for a fight, knowing that staying quiet was pointless. The glass smashed and Alicia shifted as far from the window as she could, shooting each of the walkers that had their heads through the window. 

Seconds later they heard gunshots coming from outside the car, causing the walker's to turn away from them and towards the new noise. The group in the car used it to their advantage and got out, taking out walker after walker until they were all on the ground completely dead. Alicia looked up and locked eyes with the deep blue ones she had grown to love. 

"Clarke." 

"What are you doing here Alicia?" Clarke asked, walking towards Alicia with a curious gaze. Before she could get close to her, Teddy ran up to Clarke pulling her into a brotherly hug. He was slightly taller than her, despite the age difference, only letting her go when Jack called him over, sensing Alicia's nervousness over seeing Clarke.