Chapter Eight

Alicia entered the house, slamming the door shut behind her and locking it before heading to the living room. Her brown hair flew behind her, as her angry steps echoed in the hallway. Clarke was dancing around to the music, lifting her leg everytime she accidentally lowered it, with a giddy smile on her face.

Alicia was gobsmacked, beyond gobsmacked, she was flabbergasted. Alicia glared at Clarke, before she stormed over to the battery powered CD player and pushed the off button. Clarke's face immediately dropped and she looked to Alicia in surprise.

"I was listening to that!" Clarke slurred, wobbling slightly. Alicia couldn't tell if that was from her leg or the fact that she was completely wasted.

"You're going to get us killed!" Alicia shouted back, not caring if she upset Clarke. "Clarke you've drawn in every walker for miles!"

"Oops." Clarke giggled, once again almost loosing her ballance. Alicia shook her head in anger, before she spotted a bottle of whiskey on the table and picked it up, noticing most of the liquid was gone. She placed it back down on the table with a worried sigh and covered her face with her slender hands.

"Clarke, why..." Alicia was cut off by Clarke stepping towards her, pulling her into a tight, warm hug. The blonde buried her face into the side of Alicia's neck and let out a content sigh. Alicia went ridged, trying to ignore the warmth spreading through her and trying to keep up her angry state. However, her efforts failed as Clarke gently kissed her neck, causing goosebumps to rise on Alicia's skin.

"I missed you, Lex." Clarke whisper-slurred, causing Alicia to become tense once again.

"I'm not her, Clarke." Alicia whispered back, wishing she could ease Clarke's pain. Clarke pulled away and looked in Alicia's eyes, as if she could read her mind.

"I know." Clarke whispered and pulled away, hugging herself as her chest tightened. Alicia didn't hesitate before moving towards Clarke, hoping to comfort her. Howeber, every candle in the room suddenly blew out, leaving them in total darkness.

"I'll look for the lighter, are you sober enough to find some more candles?" Alicia asked through the darkness and Clarke nodded, forgetting that Alicia couldn't see her.

Alicia searched the kitchen, as she remembered seeing a lighter there a few days beforehand. She rummaged through the draws, smiling when her hand clasped around a cold, smooth lighter. She tested it and a bright orange flame lit up the space around her.

Alicia walked back towards the living room, remembering how Clarke's arms felt around her and how her breath felt on her skin.

She thought you were someone else, she was drunk. Alicia thought to herself and a small wave of sadness came over her.

Alicia shivered, suddenly feeling cold and slightly dizzy, goosebumps appeared on her skin and her mind left her for a moment. The creak from above her pulled her back into her body and the coldness from before disappeared.

"Clarke?" Alicia yelled, wondering if she had caused the creak.

"I'm upstairs, I found a bunch of candles." Clarke yelled back and then fell quiet.

Alicia walked up the stairs, placing her hand on the wall besides her, being careful not to trip. Clarke was in her bedroom with a bunch of candles scattered on the bed, she was searching the draws carefully.

"What are you looking for?" Alicia asked, squinting to see Clarke through the barely moon lit room.

"A lighter or some matches." Clarke said back, still slightly slurring her words, and not looking away from the task at hand.