0 - Prologue

'Why the hell is this happening? I'm getting attacked by an . . . exhibitionist?'

Behind the blonde-boy was a beautiful girl with skin as pale as the moon, eyes and hair as dark as night. She was holding a blade against his neck, ready to kill him anytime.

"Why are you here?" The girl asked, her breath hitting his shoulders as she spoke.

"I-I'm just travelling." The blonde named Aiden told the truth. He just found this pink forest as he was peacefully exploring his home turf-- the forests. Who knew he'd be attacked by a girl who wore revealing, ragged clothes, bound by vines here and there.

"To where?"

"U-Uh, aimlessly . . ?" He answered, readying a spell to blast her away with air if need be.

The girl scoffed, "Aimlessly? Who does that anyway?"

"Well-- me?"

She clicked her tongue and tightened her grip on her blade, "You are suspicious in every way po--"

"Ah-- please don't kill me."

"Too late," and the girl slit Aiden's throat-- or at least she planned to. After she finished saying her line, a strong blast of air sent her flying away.

With a somehow tired expression on his face, Aiden continued, "I'm not hostile or anything so--" He didn't manage to finish what he was saying when his alarm bells started screaming at the sight of the girl. If she wasn't emanating thick amounts of bloodlust at that moment, Aiden would've covered his eyes so that he wouldn't see her body clearly.

But he couldn't close his eyes. Closing them meant death-- that one, he was sure of. After all, this chick was so quick and stealthy that she managed to lock him into a dangerous position before he even realized what was happening.

Still, it wasn't as if he would lose in a battle against her. In fact, he was confident he wouldn't lose unless he did something like close his eyes. With his power as a mage, he could even bet that no one could stop him.

In no time at all, the girl stood back up and had already lunged at him again with her knife. Feeling wry on the inside, Aiden raised an arm and said, "Purge: Oxygen."

He released a thick wave of mana towards her that was meant to eliminate all O2 molecules it comes across. He had tested it on various beasts and animals, and a single wave was enough to render them unconscious. The only drawback was that using this spell requires about half of his total mana capacity for it to be effective.

Anticlimactically, the girl fell unconscious on the spot and dropped limp to the ground.

"What a drag." Aiden shrugged, confiscated her weapon, and turned around to run away. Since he didn't seem to be welcome here, then his only choice was to stay away from her. He still wanted to explore this pink forest after all.

"Er, let's see." Aiden swiped his hand in the air, prompting a panel to appear. He clicked on the interface a few times to reveal a map integrated into the panel, but when he saw what was on the map, his finger froze.

"Where the hell am I?"

♦♦♦

"Ah, I see now." The blonde boy nodded with his eyes closed and his arms crossed, "I'm trapped in a magical forest."

When he checked the map in the 'system,' he found that he was near the center of the pink forest even though he was sure he was near the edge. With the map's help, he tried to navigate his way out of the forest, but stranger things happened.