49 - Princess

Kingdom capital of Erudai. Royal palace gardens.

A beautiful young lady with purple-jade hair was looking around, wanting to make sure nobody was around. She was dressed in a simple white gown-- classic casual attire for royal ladies.

After making sure nobody was around, she pulled the skirt of her gown and crouched down to the level of the well-trimmed bushes, before reaching her hand into the interweaving leaves and branches.

"I swear to god, the gardeners never listen to me." The young lady whispered, spreading some reactive mana into the soil to highlight certain stones. Those who were highlighted, she picked off and threw off the plant bed. Despite what she said though, she wasn't really mad at the gardeners. Nobody allowed her to tend to the garden, so this was a rare opportunity for her.

Using her left hand to lift her skirt, while her right hand picked off the faintly glowing pebbles. After a few couple minutes, she finished picking off the special pebbles on one plant bed, so she dusted her right hand and began walking to the next. However, just as she once again spread her mana into the plant bed and reached towards a pebble, a beautiful male voice rang behind her.

"Ressha, why do you always dirty your hands when you're in the garden?"

Ressha suddenly pulled her hand back and looked at the source of the voice. It was her older brother, a handsome man with long hair tied into a ponytail.

"Oh, brother, it's just you." She breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry. It's just-- Some of the gardeners have started to put certain pebbles in the plant bed to slow down plant growth, but a variation of those pebbles are ruining the scent of flowers. They aren't listening to me."

The man just sighed and smiled, before going over to the plant bed. He pointed at the faintly glowing pebbles on the soil and asked, "Are these the ones?"

"Yes, I've marked them to make picking them off easier."

The man didn't say anything and just reached into the bushes, picking off pebbles as well.

Seeing this, Ressha smiled and went to the next plant bed. "I'll leave that plant bed to you, brother."

Her brother just chuckled and said, "Leave it to me."

For another couple of minutes, the two siblings quietly picked off the faintly glowing pebbles, throwing them at the side of the pavement. Once they were done with their plant beds, Ressha's older brother said, "Ressha . . .  you don't intend to pick off all these pebbles off the whole garden tonight, do you?"

"Well, if brother's going to tell me off, then I most definitely would not."

Her older brother shook his head and sized. "I won't tell you off, but you should rest. Plus, there's no guarantee that no one would see us tending to the garden by ourselves. I myself would not want to be subject to the spiels of our father's advisor."

Ressha covered her mouth with her clean hand, giggled and nodded. "I wouldn't want that either."

Hearing this, her older brother was relieved. "We should rest. Tomorrow, I'll dismiss all our gardeners and find people who listen to you."

Ressha forced an exasperated expression. "Brother . . !"

Her brother only smiled and said, "Okay, okay, I'll just make sure they clean up these plant beds."

". . . But please tell them to leave some for me. I really do enjoy tending to plants."

". . . Then why not have a small, separate garden to yourself? I believe our father would allow that."