28 - Her System

At first, Aiden thought that incorporating quests and shops to the system was impossible, but it seemed that wasn't the case. He could of course not incorporate such things into his own system trinket, but he could do them into Eara's system.

He was the one going to assign system quests to Eara, he was the one going to procure rewards for her, he was the one going to manage her inventory-- he could even make a system currency and make his own system shop only Eara could access.

That was what he meant by being Eara's system administrator.

"System . . .  admin?" She furled her eyebrows at the face of an infamilar term.

"Basically, I'm going to go along with your request. I'm going to make you work hard for the things you want." Aiden let go of her and crossed his arms, looking at her with a smugly pursed smile.

". . . I see." Eara was a tad bit too surprised that Aiden immediately agreed to her request. "Uh . . .  thank you."

"You are very welcome!" Aiden gave her a thumbs up with both his hands, an excited expression on his face. He couldn't wait to start working more on Eara's system trinket now that he had such brilliant ideas.

"And hey, Eara. I have a request as well." 

". . . What is it?"

"Help me with function integration."

"Are you sure?"

"Very."

"Well . . . alright then."

Fidgeting around from the energy in his spot, Aiden muttered, "Let's get going . . ! I'm going to postpone our pit exploration with Rindel. I want to finish your trinket first before anything. Two weeks will probably do."

"Will Rindel be alright with it . . ?"

Aiden wore a mischievous grin and said, "She won't be able to refuse. We're going to take advantage of her guilt."

Eara wanted to frown at him for what he said, but she couldn't prevent her lips from curling up. Ultimately, she looked at Aiden like a smiling mother looking at her cutely naughty child.

"Don't drag me into your evil antics."

He just made an evil 'hehe', not dropping his mischievous expression.

Eara let out a faint laughter and started walking, "Let's get going then." 

"Wait just a moment." Aiden stopped her.

"What?"

"You don't have to worry about your bow anymore. I won't give you another one, but if you want that bow again, you'll have to work for it."

She just smiled and said, "Sweet," before starting to walk again.

Also wearing a smile, Aiden followed behind her immediately, and the two continued on their way towards the guild hall.

♦♦♦

As expected, Rindel was not able to refuse when Aiden requested for the pit exploration to be postponed and for her to stay with him in the same inn as him for a long while. 

Aiden rented for another room from the inn for Eara's sleeping quarters, but he was only able to get one on the inn's third floor, when his room was on the ground floor. At first, Eara would go there to sleep upon getting too mentally exhausted from their work, but she couldn't be bothered to walk and climb the stairs after a few days of work.