20 - Conviction

Although the duo didn't mean for it to happen, there was no denying that the clothes they were wearing had some sort of synergy with the other. Their clothing only had black and white fabric, they both had longer-than-the-norm sleeves, and they both wore black pants.

One thing was a fact: Aiden and Eara liked things simple.

After buying a bit more of clothes, they left the weaver's shop. They spent about 14 thousand units on all their clothes, with one full-body clothing costing an average of two thousand units. And since they still had more than 600 thousand units, they wouldn't be in short of money until they started buying spells.

But before anything else, Aiden wanted to get lunch. The noon was starting to get late, and he had been enduring hunger for quite a while then. "Hey, Eara. Let's grab something to eat."

She nodded faintly, "Alright."

"Let's walk around for a bit. I have no idea what's tasty and what's not." Aiden guessed that most of the food being sold in Detrivni would most likely be stuff that came from the pit. And while almost everything was guaranteed to taste good so long as it's edible and it came from the pit, Aiden was sure that he wouldn't suddenly start eating slugs even if they tasted like ice cream.

The two went from stall to stall, eating skewered stuff, before ending their lunch one hour later at a mugshop-- or in Earth-standard terms, a cafe. 

As the two sat together across a circular table, Eara let out a shallow sigh of satisfaction.

Aiden couldn't help but chuckle from her wholesome reaction. "Was it good?"

"Very."

The duo had just finished a mug of bittersyrup-- Aiden's favorite beverage in this world. It's taste was very similar to coffee, but the rest wasn't. It was slightly more syrupy compared to water, and it was yellowish and transparent.

Drinking it wouldn't alleviate thirst, given its creamy texture, but it was a very good treat to drink while eating something.

"Let's buy some battle equipment next." 

♦♦♦

"Aren't you going to buy a weapon?" Eara asked Aiden as they walked over to the weapon shop's counter, having only picked a dagger for Eara.

"I might buy a staff, but I'm not very enthusiastic about it." He answered, before placing the sheathed dagger on the counter along with a couple of gold coins, "Just this, please."

Eara pursed her lips together before saying, "Buy yourself the same dagger."

Aiden raised an eyebrow at her request, prompting her to explain, "I'll teach you as I relearn my dagger techniques."

His other eyebrow rose as well, with a smile spreading on his face. "Sweet. Let's do that." Aiden went back to deeper into the store and took the same dagger, before placing it down the counter as well to pay for it.

"That's 71, 400 units in all. Here's change." The man behind the counter placed down a few gold bits and silver coins, which Aiden immediately stashed into his inventory along with their daggers.

♦♦♦

The duo went from store to store to buy necessary things mostly for Eara. He got her her own storage trinket, which he was planning to upgrade into a system inventory once he makes her her own trinket for the system.

He transferred most of the items he had to Eara after that, and also gave her a fair amount of money. Eara was feeling slightly uncomfortable again from Aiden's excessive generosity to her, but she ultimately decided to ignore it.