26 - Cloaked Lady

"By heaven's snout, did I kill her?" Vayle looked into Eara's unfocused eyes, before tapping at her cheeks slightly. "Wake up, miss pale girl. Come on, wake up."

Blinking rapidly in bewilderment, Vayle stood up and ran his fingers through his hair. He felt like exploding right then and there from all the piled-up failures he had just on that day. "To the heavendamned pit with you! You pale--" He stomped his feet at the ground and attempted to kick Eara by her face, but a masked person with a completely cloaked figure blocked it by their foot.

"Thank god I'm the one on duty here tonight." A female voice sounded from behind the mask, surprising Vayle.

"Who are you?" He glared at the masked woman, retrieving a dagger from his storage trinket in a fluster, but he didn't get the chance to use it when the girl gave him a punch on his cheek. Then followed by another hook, she grabbed Vayle by the hair and slammed his face against her knees.

He wanted to fight back by using spells, but he couldn't cast anything properly because of her assault. Finally, after hitting his chin with an upward knee blow, Vayle fell unconscious to the ground, not too far away from the pool of blood coming from the glasses-man.

The cloaked lady turned around and removed her gloves, before unbuttoning Eara's button-downs completely. She also roughly removed her chestpiece and bared her torso to open air. She briefly used magic in producing warm currents of wind to dry her skin, before she placed her palms a few centimeters apart each other.

Channeling the right amounts of static-forced electrical energy in her palms, she muttered "Just about . . .  that." 

She pulled her palms apart and hovered her fingers above different parts of Eara's chest. If she was going to spark her heart into beating again, then she couldn't just electrocute her and hope for the best. Naturally, defibrillation had its own processes and details, and the cloaked girl just so happened to be aware of them.

And in one swift motion, she tapped all of her fingers in deliberate timings-- almost simultaneously, making Eara's body rise briefly from the jolt. And right after, light started to slowly return to her irises and her eyelids started to make very slight shivering motions.

If it wasn't for the cloaked lady, Eara would have definitely died right then and there.

Eara's cardiac rhythms started to get flung out of place after she received her second fizzle spell. She stayed conscious for a few dozen seconds, and she fell unconscious right after being hit by the third fizzle spell.

Feeling weak and numb overall, she squinted her eyes and tried to make clear sense of the figure in front of her. 'Aiden . . .' She thought, almost automatically assuming that she was saved, and her savior was Aiden. Her assumption was partly shattered when she heard the woman's female voice.

"Thank god it only took one try." The cloaked lady breathed a sigh of relief under her mask and started fixing Eara's clothes again. She didn't bother buttoning her button-downs all the way, but she buttoned about half of them.

The woman brought her palms to Eara's face and wiped the traces of tears beside her eyes with her thumb. "I unfortunately can't help you any more than this."

Eara wanted to ask her who she was, but she was feeling too weak at that moment. She could barely even move the tips of her fingers. In fact, she was starting to feel more and more sleepy by the second-- and this time, her eyelids fluttered close, with her breathing and heartbeat both calm and steady.

The cloaked lady reequipped her gloves, lifted Eara up to her arms, and started walking around the playhouse. If she didn't take any measures against things, then Eara would be in the hotseat of this incident. She was, after all, the only one who lay sprawled apart from the rest of the audience. What's more, the bow she carried would definitely be used to connect the incident further to her.