Chapter 3

Another late night and again Logan paced back and forth in front of his bed which was parallel to his door and desk. Logan has a million things running though his mind, he at first trying to figure out his emotions, then he was trying to understand why Deceit wanted to be near him more often, finally he was going over the events that had happened earlier. Logan stoped when he felt arms wrap around him, his body when rigged. Logan wasn't one for physical contact and he also hated surprises. Logan looked down to see yellow gloved hands wrapped around his waist as a head rested against his shoulder.

"Hello darling~," Janus cunning voice cut through the tension. Logan relaxed into the half snake man, he didn't entirely understand why he felt so comfortable with the lying side but Logan did.

"Janus," Logan kept his voice monotoned," I have a question."

"Go ahead dear," Janus told Logan as he moved his head closer to Logan neck.

"Can you lie on command or is it more of being around certain people makes you more likely to lie," Logan asked Janus. Janus hummed agains Logan's neck and placed a very light kiss onto Logan's neck which cause a shiver to run down his spine.

"I can tell the truth to those I care about, but I speak in lies when I don't trust the person. So in short yes I can control my lying," Janus tells Logan as Janus removes himself from Logan. Logan felt sad at the loss of human connection which was weird for Logan since he usually would count down the seconds till either Roman or Patton would stop hugging him.

"Wait, you said you can tell the truth to those who you care about. Does that mean you care about me?" Logan asked. Janus laughed lightly, making sure to keep quiet so no one else would wake up.

"Nothing get past you Logan," Janus remarked, "yes Logan, I care about you. I have for some time but I have kept my distance in fear of what the others might do, but now I need to be around for Thomas. Which means that I can be around you more, if you would be ok with hanging out with me?" Logan thought for a moment, he has always been told by Patton that the dark sides weren't to be trusted and yet Janus stood in front of him with kindness in his eyes. Janus cupped Logan's face with his gloved hand, subconsciously Logan leaned into the touch. Unlike the touches from Patton this one seemed full of love and tenderness, Patton's always seemed forced and controlling.

"I care about you too," Logan admits. A small smile spread across Janus' face, Janus then grabbed Logan's hand and kissed it.

"I shall see you tomorrow morning dear," Janus stated in a smooth voice," till then get some sleep, you are going to need it." With that said Janus sank back to his room leaving the still blushing Logan to regain control over his emotions and get some sleep.