Birthday

♡︎Luz POV:

I woke up to the sound of my mom knocking on my door, "Time to get up míja! You have to pack what you're gonna take, your mentor will be here soon!" With that, my eyes opened with a jolt and I looked at the time. 1:28 PM.

"Todays the day."

I mentally slapped myself for sleeping in, I had told Eda in my letter to come pick me up at 3. Now that it was 1, that only left me a good hour to pack all that I needed. "Maybe I should have set that alarm like mom told me to.." I groaned groggily.

I sat up and stretched, grunting when I heard the pops in my back, I rolled my shoulders and rubbed my face. Hoping to rub the sleep away. "Well there's no point in just sitting here," I mumbled, getting off my bed and heading towards my dresser, "I have to look at least a little presentable when Eda comes by." I laughed a little, knowing full well Eda could care less about how I dressed.

I miss being in the Boiling Isles, I miss the Owl House and the obnoxious owl that was pretty much the entire house. I miss Willow, Gus, Amity...

I sighed at the thought of the green haired witch, I let my thoughts wander as I started putting on new clothes. I have no idea how Amity must've felt when I just disappeared one day, Eda must have told her and the others right? I shook my head and looked at my outfit. I wore a pair of black jeans with dark grey combat boots, I put on a regular white t-shirt and a red and black flannel.

There we go. My signature look.

I looked at the mirror and scrunched up my face, something was missing. I scratched my head, thinking what could tie this outfit together, and then it clicked. I looked around my, somewhat messy, room and spotted it near the end of my bed.

I smiled at the sight of my purple colored beanie, and bent down to pick it up. Once I did, I placed it and adjusted it on my head to where it looked right. I looked back at the mirror and smirked.

I pointed finger guns to myself in the mirror and amusingly stated, "Looking sharp!" I decided not to wait any longer with packing and starting putting different clothes, as well as beanies, into a easy to carry duffel bag.

Once that was over and done with, I quickly dusted off the nonexistent dust off my clothes and opened my door. I walked down the hallway to the bathroom and quickly grabbed a brush, my toothbrush and toothpaste, and of course my deodorant.

After I was done grabbing all that I needed in the bathroom, I quickly rushed over back to my own room, nearly ramming into my mom in the process.

"Díos mío!" She gasped, "Luz!" I chuckled nervously, "Sorry mama! I'm just excited!" She breathed out and nodded her head, "Yea míja I know, but you could've knocked me over!" I let out another nervous chuckle.

My mom then smiled, she cupped my cheeks in her hands and I could see tears forming in her eyes. "Look at you míja, you're all grown up. Oh happy birthday, Luz! I'm sorry we couldn't have thrown a birthday party." She gave me a tight squeeze which made me smile. I gave her a squeeze back and then pulled away, "Don't worry about it mama, I'm fine without a birthday party." She shook her head.

I could see the tears streaming down her face, which started to make me tear up. "I'm still your little girl mama, whether it be that I'm here or in another dimension." She whipped away a few tears as she laughed, she smiled and nodded. "I know, Luz."