I want to help you

Luz POV:

"Welcome to the Dragon Tooth's Fight Club!"

My mouth nearly fell onto the floor, my eyes widened as witches and creatures cheered out and whistled. It took me a moment to wrap my head around it. Witches and creatures bustling towards the ring, bringing me along with it.

"A-a fig-fight club..? A figh-fight club. A fight club. A fight club. A FIGHT CLUB!?" I looked around as I noticed I was getting closer to the ring, "Shit, Boscha said not to get close. I gotta get away from the front somehow." I told myself as I pushed past the crowd.

I went back to thinking, "A fight club? This is what Amity was keeping from me? Is this place illegal or what? Is that why she didn't tell me? This is clearly an important part of her life, why wouldn't she tell me? Does she not trust that I won't say a word?"

I grunted angrily, "Why am I so mad!?" I thought to myself, "It's not like she HAD to tel me but..." I sighed, "I still would've been nice to feel like she trusted me.."

I was a little ways from the ring but I still had a clear view, "I should be good here, I don't think she would see me unless she's purposely looking for me. Which I don't think she will being she didn't even tell me about this place."

The announcers voice boomed across the room, interrupting my thoughts, "Now that any newbies here are aware of the rules! Let's get this show started!" Cheers spread out through the room.

"Shit, I wasn't paying attention!" I gulped, "Well it should be like any other fight club? I mean, I've never been to a fight club before but it should be like boxing right? Clean fights and the person who taps out first loses. It's as simple as that." I tried convincing myself, knowing that's probably not the case.

"Oh who am I kidding? This is the Boiling Isles!"

The announcers voice echoed across the room once again, "For our first match, we'll have two of our longest, and strongest, members facing against each other!" The crowd cheered and some threw their fists in the air.

I went along with the crowd, wanting to blend in as much as possible. I saw two people enter the ring.

One of the people who entered the ring was a muscular, lean, amphibian looking creature with red slicked back hair. They had tattoos along their left arm and had a scar on their lip, their eyes were a piercing blue and were sharp and narrow, I could see their gills open and close as they breathed. Their skin is a snowy white, I shivered at the sight of them.

I looked at the other person, they were taller than the other person. They had short, dark brown hair and bushy eyebrows. Their nose had a scar across it and his eyes were nearly black, his pointed ears with little nicks in them. He was very bulky and looked like he'd been doing this for years, scars lined his arms and neck.

"These two look completely different, one looks untouched and the other looks like they've been through hell..maybe they use different strategies to win their fights? This is gonna be interesting." I felt myself starting to get intrigued.

The announcers voice spoke, "Don't forget to place your bets, now let's not keep you waiting anymore!" The two fighters looked at each other and one smirked while the other grunted. "Fighters. You may begin."