Secret place

Luz POV:

I heard the sound of yelling and shouting a little ways from where I was standing at Eda's stand, I was helping her out today to repay her for getting me a scroll. She had insisted that I didn't have to but I had said, "Aww c'mon! Let me do this for you, pleeeaassseee." I had dragged out and Eda had eventually given in

Now I was making my way to see what all the commotion was about, once I got there I saw that Amity was in a fighting stance along with a ginger-haired witch, who looked way bigger than Amity. I noticed Boscha was there with a shocked expression. I'd be shocked too if I saw Amity getting into an fight.

"Oh wait, she is getting into a fight."

I felt a prickle of panic in my gut, but also a tinge of surprise. I knew Amity, she was kind, caring and protective of her friends. She'd never get into a physical fight unless she had to, I'd be able to get by if I knew what Amity was about to fight this guy about, unfortunately I had no idea.

"If this guy did something to Boscha that made Amity upset, I'd understand why she would want to fight him. He'd have to do something really REALLY bad though to make Amity this mad." I rambled in my head, walking over to Amity, "Amity wouldn't be the type of witch to get into a fist fight over something small, right? I mean, it HAS been three years and they've HAD to have changed. How much did they change though? How much did I miss? There's no way Amity would hurt people purposely, she wouldn't go back to that right?" This only leads me to wonder how me leaving affected everyone.

My internal rambling was cut off when I felt a heavy and forceful blow land onto my face, instantly sending me backwards and landing face first into the dirt. I skidded for a moment, sending dust into the air. I laid there for a moment, feeling the burning sensation of the blow and the fresh cuts on my face.

Then the pain suddenly went away and I felt everything drift away, before I knew it I was out cold.

It didn't even feel like a second went by when I woke up, wincing at the pain in my face. I looked around and saw that I was in the back tent of Eda's stand sitting with my back against a wall. All the human items towered around me as I looked around, wondering how I got here and what had happened.

I heard footsteps start to approach me and I tensed up, feeling nervous about who it could be. I breathed out in relief when I saw that it was Amity. Then my eyes shot open, "Amity!" I looked up at the green haired witch. Who gave a small wave, "Hi Luz, how're you feeling?"

I felt the pain in my face from earlier start to creep back up and I groaned, "Like I got punched in the face. Which I don't recommend." My little comment made the witch in front of me giggle. I smiled and Amity sat down across from me with her legs crossed over one another. I noticed her slightly bloody knuckles and scratched up face and raised a brow.

"How about you?"

"Me? Oh- I'm fine. Nothing bad happened to me, you should be asking the other guy." Amity laughed a little, shaking her head. My curiosity spiked and I asked, "Yea what was all that about? You don't seem like the type of person to start a fight like that without a reason."

"Oh trust me, I had a very good reason." She responded, a look in her eyes I've seen before but never was able to pinpoint what. "Oh? That very good reason is?" I requested. I saw Amity freeze and her face go red, I felt panic rise in my chest.