Invitation

Luz POV:

"So Boscha finally decided to pop the question then huh?" I asked looking at Amity, who shrugged with a smile, "I guess so, her and Willow have been together for, about two years. They started dated a year after you left."

I nodded, "I'm happy for them, they look really cute together. If someone had told me three years ago that they were gonna get married, I'd probably laugh and call them crazy."

Amity nodded, "Yea, everything changed after you left, some things for the better and some things...well some things are better left untold." Amity chuckled nervously. I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

Amity shook her head, "Its nothing to worry about, c'mon. Let's go congratulate the two love birds." Amity's stood up from the table. I decided not to question it and just stood up and followed after Amity.

"I'll just ask about it later I guess." I thought to myself, we paid for our food and picked up our bags. "Where do you think they could be right now?" I asked the witch in front of me, who shrugged and said "Dunno, Boscha and Willow are probably together right now."

I nodded, "Yea. We shouldn't go interrupting them on their little love parade." Amity slowed down to walk next to Luz, "To Willow it's just a regular party, but then again she is smart enough to know what Boscha may be planning. I mean, a party? Outta nowhere? Don't you think that's a bit fishy?"

Amity thought about it for a while then nodded, "We'll see how it turns out, right now we need to find something more comfortable to wear. These training clothes are starting to get uncomfortable to wear."

I smiled at hopped in front of Amity, surprising the green haired witch. "Hey! We can go to the Owl House! You can borrow some of my clothes, I gotta tell Eda and King about the news!"

I saw Amity's face turn a faint pink and raised a brow, "Everything alright Amity? You don't have to wear my clothes if you don't wa-." I was cutoff by Amity saying, "No! I mean..no. It's a-all good. I-I don't mind borrowing y-your clothes." She nervously laughed.

"Are you sure? I could take you back to your house if you want?" I tilted my head a bit, the witch in front of me shook her hands. "Really, it's fine Luz. I don't have a problem with it."

"Ok, if you're sure then let's get going! I'll race ya!" I laughed, turning on my heel and racing towards the direction of the Owl House. I heard Amity yell after me, "Hey! No fair, you got a head start!" I looked back to see the witch smiling while catching up.

"Well you've had extra training! It's only fair I get a head start! The last one to the Owl House has to ask their crush out to the party~!" I smirked, at that moment I saw a spark of panic in Amity's eyes.

Suddenly, she seemed to have gotten faster and sped past me. "What the what!? Did you just get faster?!" I yelled after Amity, who looked back at me and yelled, "I guess I'm too scared to ask them out! It'd make things really awkward!"

I processed what she said, "Asking out my crush?? My crush..WAIT! IF I LOSE...I HAVE TO...ASK OUT.." I understood the severity of this seemingly harmless challenge and felt my heart begin to beat a thousand miles per hour.

I ran faster, nearly catching up to Amity until the Owl House came into view. I started to grow nervous, "I just have to get ahead of Amity, then I'll be fine! Oh god...why'd I have to make this into a stupid challenge!?"

Hooty saw us running towards the Owl House and started extending his tube body towards us, "Hey guys! Why are you runn-?" Amity stepped onto his extended body, I quickly followed, doing the same.

"Ow! OW! Hoot hoot!" Hooty screeched in pain as his body got stepped on like a rug. I looked back and shouted, "Sorry Hooty! It's urgent!"

I looked back ahead and saw that Amity was nearing the door, "Oh no.." I shakily said, out of breath. "I can't afford to lose this bet..cause if I do....then I'd have to ask out-" my thoughts were cutoff when I saw Amity swing open the door to the Owl House.