Training

Amity POV:

"What!? No no, no way! You could seriously get hurt Luz!" I had yelled to her, but Luz had argued back anyways, "If it's to help you then I'm willing to get punched in the face again."

We had argue back in forth for a little while until I finally gave in, "I won't let anyone lay a finger for claw or whatever they have on you, I promise Amity!" She said while hugging me.

I remembered how much I blushed when she said that, that was a few days ago and I didn't let Boscha hear the end of it.

Now I was on my way to a secluded area in the forest, I told Luz to meet me there since I knew she didn't have that much combat experience. My mind was racing the entire walk there.

"This isn't a date. This isn't a date. This isn't a date. This isn't a date. This isn't a date. We're here just here to train. That's it."

I told myself repeatedly, feeling as if my face was on fire.

"I really hope Luz isn't there yet, I don't want her to see me like this." I said to myself as I could imagine how much of a mess I looked like.

Luckily for me, she wasn't there yet and I breathed out in relief, "Now I can pull myself together, I can't get distracted by anything. You have to focus Amity." I told myself, placing the duffel bag I was carrying down.

I breathed and gave my body shake, figuring it might be a while until Luz shows up. I decided to climb a nearby tree and relax on a branch near the ground. I told her to come by 11:15 PM and it was 10:57 by the time I arrived.

I rested my head on the tree, one of my legs up while the other dangled off the branch. I crossed my arms and looked up at the orangish purple sky, my thoughts drifting as I watched the clouds, and the occasional griffin, pass by.

Sometimes I wondered how it must've been like for Luz back in the human realm, did she make new friends, learned anything new, dated anyone...? Ever since she came back, I've been curious about her time in the human realm.

I didn't want to seem clingy or anything like that so I've just been keeping all my questions to myself, "She just got back a few days ago, it'd be weird to bombard her with a ton of questions." I thought to myself.

I still found it hard to believe Luz was really staying in the Boiling Isles, was her mom really ok with that? Surely Luz told her about everything that she went through in her time in the demon realm, right?

There's no way Luz's mom would be OK with her staying in a place like this, I shook the thoughts out of my head. "Stop thinking like that Amity. Just be grateful that Luz gets to stay. Oh great, now that makes me sound like a weirdo."

I sighed and pushed any thoughts I was having out of my mind, I felt my eyelids get heavy and I closed my eyes. I felt exhaustion waft over my body and I decided right there that I was gonna take a small nap, at least until Luz arrives.

It only felt like a few minutes went by before I heard, "Amity! I'm here!" I opened my eyes and tiredly looked around, I saw Luz waving her hand in the air and jogging towards me. I quickly stretched and grunted when my shoulder popped, I shook myself awake.

I started climbing down the tree and by the time I got to the bottom, Luz was already in front of me. I could see that she was excited, she was wearing her purple and white, short sleeved hoodie with a black longe sleeve under it and jean shorts with rips in them, along with purple Converse.

I couldn't help but smile at her excitement, "You ready to start?" I asked her, tilting my head a bit. She nodded excitedly, "Yea! I'm ready to be just as good as you are!"