Chapter 12

~Antonio's POV~

~The day before the party~

After Opal told me her story we have been more open with each other, spending more time together which I am loving. I love seeing my baby laugh and smile. Her laugh just seems to brighten a room no matter whos in it.

I asked Opal if I could tell my men what happened so we can start looking for this Mike Sanders, let me tell you after I told my guys they were all pissed even though they may not known her long they are still very protective over their Dona. The people who were pissed the most where Noah, The twins, Lorenzo and Leo.

All of the guys instantly started looking for this Mike guy and they started looking into her family and her family's death and not to mention we still have people who are setting up for the party and I just got word that my parents and older sister and younger brother will be coming in too meet Opal.

Its tradition for the last Don and Dona to approve of the Dona so they know that the title and mafia will be going into good hands. I should probably tell Opal that because knowing her she is gonna freak out and start becoming bossy and want everything to be perfect to meet my parents lets see how this goes.

~Opal's POV~ 

As I was watching Netflix I heard the door to the room open, I pause the movie and look over to see Antonio walking over to me.

"what's up babe" I say as I kiss his cheek

"ok so my family is coming in for the party and they have to approve of you," Antonio says while rubbing circles with his thumb on my knuckles

"WHAT ok ok well what if they don't like me, what if they think of me as a slut and gold digger, what if..." I get cut of by a pair soft lips on mine, our lips move together in a passionate yet tender kiss, we pull away panting slightly. 

"first off they will love you and second off they have never meet one of my flings cause I am not that disrespectful and if they try and hurt you I will be right there for you"  Antonio says putting our foreheads together and stroking my cheek lovingly.

All I can do is nod still in a daze from that kiss when we kiss it's perfect our lips mold together perfectly and his lips are so sweet it addicting. Sometimes I just stare at his lips janting to kiss them forever I always get butterflies when we kiss like when we kissed for the first time. We may have only been dating for a short while but I am falling madly in love with him.

I snap out of my daze when I feel him kiss my forehead letting his lips linger longer then usual giving me a sense of comfort from just a forehead kiss.

"Ok well come downstairs because the twins are driving me crazy with this party planning" I giggle at the thought of the twins being more hyper then usual, I smile at the thought that this is my new family and I wouldn't have it any other way.

~The party~

The party is about to start in a couple of hours and I am over here stressing over what to wear cause all the boys said was to wait till they give me a box of my outfit and the party starts in like 4 hours and there still is no box. I am cut off from my thoughts when a knock at the door comes, when I open the door all there is a brown box with a blue ribbon on it, these boys are driving me insane I swear.

Not gonna lie the boys did a good job at picking my outfit and it only took like 2 hours to get ready but maybe next time can get it to me early so I don't have a freaking panic attack of not being there on time after one more quick look in the mirror and I make my ways downstairs.

Once I reach the bottom of the stairs Antonio is right by my side "kitten you look lovely, you know if we didn't have a party to get too I would take you right here and right now" he whispers in my ear which sends a shiver down my spine and straight to my core.

Antonio leads me to a big white oak double door and on the inside, I can hear many exciting voices mostly males talking about meeting me and happy that they are finally getting a Dona. All of a sudden my nerves spike up and I suddenly dread going in there, Antonio notices and speaks up.

"They will love you kitten you are amazing and they will not hurt you ok I am right here for you," I nod taking deep breaths trying to calm myself down, the words Antonio said kind of helped me calm down. I take one more deep breath before nodding at Noah who is in front of us to open the doors, he nods back and opens the doors, letting the party begin.

~~~

her dress