Chapter 21

The plane had just landed at the airport in London. All the passengers trooped out in an orderly fashion. "Home sweet home", Jake said from beside me after taking a deep breath. He had on a content smile. Jordan and Justin had on matching smiles.

"Never realized how much I missed this place", said Jordan. I was too in awe of the London airport alone, from the hustle and bustle of the people moving around to the incredible architecture. This was my first time in another country.

"Wow guys this is amazing", I said looking around. "Yeah and we're only at the airport. You haven't even seen the real London", Jake said swinging an arm around my shoulder. We walked to the waiting area where there was a lot of people waiting to receive their loved ones.

"Hey there he is", Justin said pointing to a tall man probably in his mid fifties wearing a suit and a chaffeur's hat complete with white gloves holding up a sign that said 4J. I smiled. Just like aunt Cathy to get a sign with our band name rather than use the usual last name.

The guys and I walked to the man who immediately gave a fatherly smile as he saw us. Or should I say when he saw the guys because I'm pretty sure he didn't know me. The guys all looked pretty happy to see him.

Jake was the first one to hug him, followed by Justin then Jordan. I just stood by the side awkwardly. This driver must be really close to them. "Alfred", Jake squealed, "it's so good to see you". "Master Jacob", Alfred said in a British accent, "it's wonderful to see you too".

He released a grinning Jake from the hug just as Justin hugged him too. "You haven't changed a but Alie ol' pal", he said with a mocking smile. Alfred looked mildly irritated but his face morphed into a genuine smile almost immediately. "It's lovely to see you too master Justin and I see you haven't forgotten your old nickname".

Jordan hugged him last. "It's great to see you again Al". "Likewise master Jordan". Just then four pairs of eyes tuned to stare at me. I suddenly felt shy. "Um", I cleared my throat, "hi". Jake took the cue and introduced me. "Alfred, this is Josephine. We all call her Josie but knowing you, you won't".

"Alfred has been our driver for as long as I can remember", Jordan said. "He's basically our second dad", Justin chimed in. I awkwardly stretched out my hand for a handshake. "It's nice to meet you sir". He had on a reassuring smile. He stared at my hand for a bit and instead of taking it, he pulled me in for a hug instead.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Miss Josephine" - I guess Jake was right - "I've heard so much about you", he said as he released me from the hug. I started to feel comfortable around him. I smiled back at him. "All good things I hope?" "Certainly Miss", he nodded. "Now we must get going, your mother will be expecting us".

He led us to a black Honda Jeep. Nice, I thought. He opened the trunk of the car for us to put in our luggage after which he opened the door of the backseat for us to troop in. "Thanks", I said as he closed the door. He responded with a smile and went to the driver's seat.

The drive back was filled with lots of conversation between the boys and Alfred. They caught up a lot. Alfred must have been really close to them since they had lot of memories. Finally though we arrived at the house or should I say mansion. It was huge.

"Home sweet home", Jordan said with a long sigh beside me. Two girls who I'm presuming are maids came to help us with the luggage. I was still taking in the environment when I heard a very excited squeal. "You're here", said a very familiar voice. A voice I was so happy to hear.

I turned around and met the hazel eyes of Aunt Cathy. Not to far behind her was Uncle Donovan. "Mom", all three boys called out. Jordan calls the Dawsons his parents because he grew up with them and they raised him.