Chapter 23

Later that night, all the occupants at camp were gathered by the camp fire. The counselors thought it would be a fun way for us to get to know each other. And I had to admit, it was pretty cool.

We were all seated round the huge camp fire roasting our marshmallows and s'mores. We all introduced ourselves with our school's and sports and I can honestly say that half of us girls are cheerleaders, which is nice.

A few of the girls were from female basketball teams and football teams even swim teams. Then of course there's Red, the only girl in a boys team. A few of the other girls looked at her funny when she said that and all the boys gave her looks of awe and admiration. I'm pretty sure I saw Jake drool. But she looked completely unbothered.

We had finished the introductions at the moment and we were all busy chatting amongst ourselves. "Hey can I borrow your guitar?", A familiar voice asked. I turned and found out it was Jordan talking to a guy I think said his name was Brad. He was strumming an acoustic guitar.

"Sure man", Brad said. Jordan collected the guitar and started strumming a familiar tune. He looked at me and smiled, a cue to sing. At first I was shy but I thought fuck it. I started singing Rihanna's line in her song four five seconds featuring Kanye West and Paul McCartney.

The campfire grew quiet and soon all eyes were on us. I sang the first verse and the chorus while Jordan sang the second. We took the chorus together. By the time we were done, everyone applauded us. I stood up and took a mini bow.

"I didn't know you could sing", someone said.
"You guys sound amazing"
"Sing something else".
And soon we were bombarded with cheers of "sing something else" which we ended up doing.

We sang the cup song of pitch perfect, just without the cups. By the time we finished the second performance, a lot of girls had moved so they could sit next to Jordan. I don't blame them, a hot jock who also plays guitar and sings, total catch.

Maddy didn't seem too pleased with that though. I noticed her scoff and roll her eyes but not make any move to meet him. I made a mental note to ask her about it later. We decided to play truth or dare.

The penalty of not doing a dare was paying twenty bucks to the person who dared you. It was a fun game. Luckily I hadn't been called on yet. The bottle spun again and landed on Justin asking Maddy. "Truth or Dare Madds?" Justin asked.
"Truth", she answered.

He stroked his chin before shrugging. "What's your middle name?" Pretty simple question or so I thought till I saw Maddy's cheeks tint pink. I saw her flash a glare at Jordan who just shrugged in confusion. What's that about?

"We're waiting Maddy?" Justin said. "Bertha", she squeaked out. I felt my eyes widen in surprise. "What was that?" "Bertha", she yelled throwing up her hands in frustration. Everyone started laughing, me included. I couldn't help it.

"Wait wait, your name is Madeline Bertha Diamond?"
"Yeah yeah laugh it up" she rolled her eyes. We continued the game after that. The bottle landed on a girl whose name I couldn't remember asking Jordan. She squealed and clapped her hands in excitement.

"Jordan truth or dare?"
"Dare", he shrugged.
"I dare you to kiss..." She paused for dramatic effect "Sam".

I saw the girl in question bat her eyes at Jordan expectantly. Then she bit her lip seductively. Jordan looked completely unfazed almost like he was checking her out.

"I think I'll call it a night",Maddy said getting up. She started walking away. I sighed and got up to follow her. We walked in silence till we reached our cabin.
"Wanna talk about it?" I asked once we entered.
"No", she sulked.
"Come on, what's up with you and Jordan? You guys have been acting strange lately".