Chapter 28 (Part 1)

"What am I gonna wear?" I cried to my blond best friend who stood in front of my closet inspecting my outfits. Currently I wearing a gigantic black and white hoodie with an eggshell coloured beanie

 Currently I wearing a gigantic black and white hoodie with an eggshell coloured beanie

It was about two weeks since my entire kidnap situation. Most of my bruises had disappeared and Tony finally asked me on a date. He asked me earlier but I asked him to postpone since I didn't wanna go on a date with cuts and bruises.

It took a whole lot of convincing but Aunt Cathy finally left. Uncle Donnie left earlier after I was discharged from the hospital because he had a business to run.

Aunt Cathy though, she stayed the whole week I didn't go to school. She took care of me. It was really nice and reminded me of the times my parents were still alive. Eventually it felt like she was smothering us. The guys and I had to convince her that I was fine so she could go back home.

I just came back from a walk to clear my mind because I was pretty nervous about the date. It wasn't too cold so I was able to go in only my hoodie. By the time I got back home I met Maddy in my room casually waiting for me.

"A-ha, I've got it", she said coming out of my walk-in closet. She held on to a grey long sleeved turtleneck dress. I had forgotten about that dress. It was a gift from Justin for my last birthday. "It looks amazing", Maddy continued, "perfect for the weather and stylish and chic at the same time".

I couldn't argue with her logic. I smiled, "okay, Tony will be here in an hour to pick me up". "That leaves us with about forty five minutes to get ready", Maddy stated, "go, go take a shower and we'll start prepping you".

I rolled my eyes, a small smile playing on my lips but I followed her orders. Ten minutes later I stepped out showered and wet. Maddy had brought out my makeup set on the table. You'd think I was getting ready for my wedding.

I toweled off my body and wore my robe. "Okay sit down". Maddy pushed me on the seat and began to work on my face. My body was a ball of nerves right now. Maddy noticed and decided to make conversation with me to calm me down.

"So whatever happened to your foster parents?" She asked while working on my eye shadow. I scoffed. "After they were arrested I showed the cops the tapes of all my abuse and they got charged with kidnapping, domestic abuse and domestic violence. The evidence was too piled up against them for them to have a case so they got sentenced to fifteen years of jail each. Aunt Cathy and Uncle Donnie have official custody of me but the judge relaxed that since I'm turning 18 next month. So yeah I'm free".

"Did they ever return the two million dollar ransom they'd already collected?"
"Oh yeah. Almost immediately even".
"I can't believe all those years we thought you were a proud snob, you were actually just a lonely, abused victim and all of us at school were to self absorbed to notice. I feel like a terrible person", Maddy said after a while.

I patted her hand. "Hey it's not your fault. I kept to myself and it's not exactly like I wanted people to know".
"Still, I should have tried harder to be your friend".
"Don't beat yourself up, I probably would have pushed you away. I'm just glad you're my friend now".