Chapter 30

SURPRISE!!!

Justin's POV

I sat on the couch in the living room going through my phone. I was desperately trying to distract myself from the heartbreaking news I got earlier today. Michelle broke up with me.

My brother, Jordan and Josie were all here trying their best to give comfort. "Wait, wait", Josie said, "I still can't wrap my head around this. Why did Michelle break up with you again?"

I sighed, "apparently, she fell in love with someone else at her school and she didn't wanna keep on leading me on". Jake scoffed. "Didn't wanna keep on leading you on", he imitated, "dude, we've known something was up with her for a while. She stopped calling, stopped replying texts, always cancelling dates", he finished.

"Yeah, Michelle was a bitch", Jordan agreed. I gave him a look. "Sorry", he said, "too soon?" I nodded. I hated to admit it but it really hurt me, this break up. Michelle was the first girl I've liked in a long while, since the fifth grade and I guess I wasn't good enough for her.

Man, heartbreak sucks. Suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I looked up to find Josie hugging me.

"It's okay Justin", she cooed, "it's not your fault. It's Michelle's loss". Almost as if she could read my mind. I loved Josie. She's the sister I never had. And she's been in such a good mood lately.

When we got back from our vacation, our family lawyer came to see her. It turns out that when she turned eighteen, she became eligible to her parent's wealth. She got the key to their house, access to all their funds and even a significant amount of shares in my parent's company.

So I kinda feel bad that my bad mood is putting a damper on hers. I glanced at her and chuckled. She was currently clad in a robe and fuzzy slippers. She had her hair up in rolls, I think those stuff girls put in their hair to make it curl. She's had it on since yesterday when we got back from school.

Josie gasped, "I have an idea". The three of us turned to look at her. She had removed her arms from me by now. "Why don't we go to a club? I'm eighteen now. It'll be fun". Even before she finished her sentence I already started shaking my head in disagreement.

"No it's a terrible idea", I said. "Why?" Jake asked. "Yeah, why?" Jordan added and the three of them gave me questioning looks. "Probably so he can stay home and mope all day", Josie said. "Hey!" I exclaimed, "I am not moping".

"You totally are". "Yes you are". "You've been moping ever since you got home" they said simultaneously. I rolled my eyes then sighed, "alright fine. We'll go to a stupid club". All at once, cheers erupted from around me. You'd think I just told them we won a lottery.

"It's six pm now", Jake said, "we might as well leave now". Jordan mumbled his agreement. "No", Josie yelled getting up, "I'll need about an hour to get ready". Then she took off in the direction of her room leaving us guys in the living room.

"You guys wanna play a quick game before go get dressed?" I asked them. They mumbled their "sures" and we got down to it.

Forty-five minutes later, we had finished three rounds and decided to go get up to get dressed. "Hey, I'll text Maddy and see if she wants to come with us", Jordan said whipping out his phone.

I gave him a glare. "Really? You wanna text your girlfriend if she wants to go out with us on a trip that's supposed to cheer me up from my my breakup with my now ex girlfriend. You really wanna do that".

Jordan stared at me looking speechless. Jake snickered from beside me and I wacked him upside the head. "Hey!" He whined. I turned my attention back to Jordan with a raised brow. "So definitely not calling her", he said and I nodded.