Chapter 29

I was laying on my bed watching YouTube videos of Chloe and Sophie. Their latest video was apparently going to be their last singing covers because they just got signed as a duo. I was really happy for them.

I left a comment congratulating them on their post and was about moving to another video when Maddy barged into my room with a Prada shopping bag in tow. "I can't believe you're doing nothing for your birthday", she said taking a seat on my bed.

I smirked at her. "Well hello to you too". She rolled her eyes at me. "This is serious. You can't have an 18th birthday on a Saturday on the weekend leading to spring break and not celebrate it. The universe is literally telling you to". She looked really serious as she said that.

I scoffed, "please. It's just a birthday". Maddy gasped like I said the most offensive thing ever. "It's not just a birthday. It's your 18th and it's this Saturday. We always have parties to celebrate. You came to mine, I came to Jordan's and I'm pretty sure the twins had one too. How can you not want to celebrate?"

I didn't reply her. I just kept watching videos on my laptop. Maddy closed it and turned to give me a glare. I sighed, "look I know it's my 18th but I'd really just like to have it as a normal day. No parties, no happy birthday songs, no cake, nothing". "But why?" She whined.

"We can tell you why", Jake said also barging into my room with the others. I shook my head in disbelief. "Does no one knock these days?" I asked to no one in particular. Jordan walked to Maddy and kissed her temple. "Hey babe", he greeted but she was too busy looking at Jordan expectantly to respond.

I sighed again already knowing where this was going. Jake cleared his throat. "When we were twelve, we all made lists of things we wanted to do by eighteen. Us guys pretty much gave up on ours a couple months later but not Josie here. She took it seriously and it actually remains only two things to be crossed off the list".

On cue, all three boys brought out matching pieces of paper. "Do you guys carry that around with you?" I asked in amusement then I sighed, for the third time today, "it's all true and there's no way I can get why of those things done before Saturday so there's really no point. I want Saturday to go uneventful, no presents even".

Maddy smirked at that. "Really?" She asked, "not even...these pair of thigh length Prada boots". She handed me the bag she came with and I squealed in excitement. I hurriedly took the boots outta the bag to admire them. "Oh my gosh Madds, I've been wanting these boots forever. I was planning on buying them for myself later". I hugged her, "thank you so much Maddy. This is literally the best present ever". She hugged me back laughing. "You're welcome".

"You won't think that once you see our present", Justin said to me. "Apparently no one listens when I say no presents. And why am I getting them early?" "Because", Jordan started, "you're refusing to collect them on your actual birthday".

I saw Maddy collect my list from Jordan and go through it. "Anyway what's my present?" The boys brought out what I honestly never expected. I jumped up and down squealing with happiness. "Are those tickets to Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande's concert?"

"Mm-hm", Justin answered smugly. "Oh my gosh guys thank you", I said hugging them, "and it's this Saturday too. On my birthday". But my excitement died down once I saw the location. "Wait, it's this Saturday in Phoenix. How are we gonna get there?"

"Which brings us to part two of our surprise", Jake said. He looked at all three guys and then, "road trip", they all yelled in unison. My eyes widened in surprise and my jumping and squealing resumed.

"Are you serious? We're gonna drive there? All four of us?" "Mmm-hmm", Justin answered, "that is unless Maddy wants to come with us". Maddy smiled, "I wish I could but my parents made me promise to spend my spring break with the family. But you guys go have fun though".