Chapter 21

"So Baekhyun-ah.."Annie took a deep breath and started.

Baekhyun was looking at her curiously.Annie knew he was also preparing himself mentally to listen to Annie's side of the story.He was probably more nervous than she was.

Annie knew she had to tell Baekhyun the truth sooner or later.He deserved an explanation.He deserved a closure for getting hurt like this.She had been preparing herself for this.But now she's terrified.What if she thinks the reason wasn't good enough?What if he doesn't forgive her?Where do they go from there?Would he throw her out of her life?

"Annie?" Baekhyun asked,snapping her out of her thoughts.He was getting impatient,Annie knew it.He waited so long for this explanation.She needed to tell him right now.

Annie was scared,her hands were being shaky.But she still started,knowing she shouldn't make him wait more,"So..it all started when dad passed away..or should I say was murdered by his own ex wife aka my mother because he wouldn't send me off to her."

Annie's face twitched in hatred when she talked about her mother.

"Hmm?"

Annie sighed and said,"After the funeral we moved in a house oppas' fathers managed for us.Even though we were really sad,we planned to make a gang together.And we did.We all had our individual duties.Remember?"

Baekhyun nodded.

Annie smiled,"Do you remember how happy we were when we first named our gang.We all were teenagers so we found that stupid name so amazing?"

Those moments with them were the moments Annie cherished so much.As it was her last moments with them before she had to leave.

Baekhyun nodded.He cherished those moments dearly too.

"So..during the days when I used to go out..to work at the cafe..my mother somehow found me,"Annie said.

Annie used to work at a cafe during morning to earn some money for everyone.Baekhyun,Namjoon and Joonmyun also used to work part time to earn for them.At night,after evening they used to work as a gang.

Baekhyun frowned.That woman wasn't supposed to find Annie.How did she do it?

As if Annie read Baekhyun's mind.She said,"I don't know how she found me Baekhyun.She started to come to the cafe everyday to bother me.She was pestering me to listen to her.But I tried to ignore her.She was being so annoying that my boss and the guests were getting annoyed.I was scared to get fired because I needed that money for us.So I listened to what she has to say."

Baekhyun raised his brows.

Annie paused and composed herself before saying,"We talked in the cafe while sitting at one of the tables.She had a smug face the whole time as if she's enjoying while I was beyond disgusted.She threatened me to come and live with her.She threatened me that I would regret it and she would abduct me.Really scarily.I got really scared...so I.."

She then stopped and looked at him to see Baekhyun's reaction.She didn't know if she should say more.What if he gets hurt because of it?

His facial expression turned angry.

"You left with her just because she scarily threatened you?" Baekhyun asked,shocked and angry.

He couldn't believe it.This wasn't the Chungha he knew.Even though she was only 15 at that time she isn't one to get scared and leave with that woman just because she was threatened.

Annie stayed quiet and looked at her lap,trying to avoid eye contact.

"Tell me what happened next.You are hiding something,aren't you?" Baekhyun asked,angrily.