II

Anxiety set in. What did he mean none of what you had just told him happened? You wrapped the uncomfortable cloth around you, squeezing shut the itchy fabric to seal out the London frost.

"I don't understand, that's how the story goes, I started from episode one, the very beginning!" Your head fell into your hands, or at least the blanket your hands were covered with. You felt defeated and started to feel dizzy, the confusion was making it hard to focus on what you knew about the show.

The reaper humed a sigh, "I don't rightly know where y'got your information from but seems ta me like y'ave t'be tellin' the truth. No liar would'a come to me shop knowin' me t'be a reaper and then tell me somethin' I wouldn't believe." he crunched on a treat, "Anyone who knows betta would know I'd kill em on th'spot."

You looked up at him, the jagged scars on his face peaking through his curtain like bangs and you traced them to where his eyes would be, behind that thick mop of hair. "So you believe me because no smart person, who knows who you are, would lie to you?"

"Pr'cisely, dearie." His already wide grin became wider and you could see the remnants of dog treats caked on his teeth. You wanted to vomit. "Ain't to sure 'bout whatcha expect me t'do about it though." he stood up, placing the jar back on the shelf behind you and then made his way to his front doors again, picking up a tall black top hat on his way.

"Hey! Wait! You're not going to kick me out are you?" You scrambled to your feet, still clutching tight the blanket around you.

He turned his head to you, shaking it, a no. Before you could ask what he was doing he opened one side of the door and a gust of wind hit you in the face, causing your cheeks to feel frostbitten. You hadn't realized just how dark it was in the shop until your eyes were assaulted by the brightness of natural light. You squeezed them shut for a second, blinking to adjust to the change.

When you opened your eyes completely again you almost didn't believe them. There, stood in front of you was the Earl Ciel Phantomhive and his demon butler. In the flesh. On second thought, no, you did not believe it.

The Undertaker welcomed them in, a docile giggle followed as they stepped past the threshold. You watched as they moved further into the shop, stopping in the middle as Sebastian took Ciel's coat and folded it over his left arm, bowing slightly at his waist.

"Welcome to me humble ol' shop, young Earl." greeted the reaper. "What can I do ya for?"

"Quit the chatter Undertaker, you know what I came here for." Came the dignified young voice of the earl. "I need information on the murders that have been happening around East London. The Queen thinks them suspicious and put me in charge of the investigation." The young lord spared a glance your way but said nothing. Instead he looked back at the Undertaker and awaited a response.

"Information y'say? Well, ya' know the price for such a service." He wrung his hands together in anticipation. His mouth became slick with drool, some of it spilling from the corners of his lips.

Ciel sighed, "See to it the Undertaker is paid, Sebastian"

The demon bent again at his waist and placed his right hand on his chest, "Yes, of course, young master." His voice was just as smooth and deceptively saccharine as in the show. J. Michael Tatum did a fantastic job. "Please do wait outside." he requested, putting the boy's coat back on him, "You too, miss."

You noticed he was talking to you, his deep crimson eyes focused in on yours and you faltered, taking a step back as if he had physically pushed you. You brought a hand up, pointing at yourself, "Me?" you asked.

The butler closed his eyes, a small toying grin having found its way onto his lips. "I see no other in this room I'd be talking to."

You dropped your hand and flushed a little in embarrassment, "Oh right, yeah of course, sorry about that. I'll uh- yeah I'll go outside." You looked over at the undertaker and asked, "Can I take this blanket out with me? It's cold."