V

You were taken to what Sebastian called the servants wing and there you and the butler parted ways in front of yet another door. He knocked and explained to Mey-Rin, who had been waiting inside, that she was to help fit you into your clothes while he attended to the dinner preparations. As he left he whispered into your ear not to mention where you were from, and then he was gone.

The maid gushed over you, exclaiming her happiness at having you there and it made you feel warm. You were glad to have someone who could make you feel comfortable in such a trying situation. She took your hand and pulled you to a closet at the far end of the room. "Sebastian gave me some clothes for you earlier this eve'nin' before he left.'' She opened the closet and you noticed three knee length dresses with puffy sleeves. The colours were dark, you suppose it was to fit the Phantomhive aesthetic. There was black, navy and brown. They were relatively plain save for a few decorative silver buttons on the breasts. There was also a petticoat hung up to be put under the dresses to give them volume.

"Oh wow," you murmured, reaching a hand out to feel the fabric. It was thick and heavy, perfect for keeping out the London cold. You were about to pull one of the dresses down when you realized what Mey-Rin had just said. "Wait, he only gave these to you before he left? Were they already in storage or something?"

She pondered your questions for a second, "No, I don't think he had gotten them before today. Why?" Because, that would mean he had gotten the clothes for you before even knowing you would agree to his deal. Crafty, he must have known he was going to make an offer you couldn't refuse.

"Oh no reason, he just got them quickly is all."

The maid gushed, "That's Sebastian for you, the perfect butler, he is." She was blushing and you were reminded of her infatuation with him.

"Right..." you supplied, eager to just get on with changing into your clothes.

You started by undressing, happy to finally be out of the rags you woke up in and place them, along with the butler's coat, onto the bed behind you. Mey-Rin was quick to help you change, opening up drawers and pulling out fresh undergarments including some poofy looking shorts, which to your dismay, turned out to be what counts as underwear in this time period. You hadn't expected to be going 'commando' and you loathed to think of what being on your period would be like in them.

When you have just those on you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror beside the wardrobe. You thought to yourself that you looked absolutely ridiculous and it made you chuckle, causing the maid to pause momentarily to ask what you were laughing at.

"Nothing," you replied, "I've just never really worn anything like this before. It looks funny."

Mey-Rin followed your gaze to the mirror and smiled sincerely, "They're just the undergarments, [Y/N], but I think you look beautiful, yes I do." She looked back to you and your eyes went wide, that really made you genuinely happy. You had always seen Mey-Rin as a ditzy, boy crazy airhead on the show but in person, she was really genuine and you found that you couldn't wait to be good friends with her.

You muttered a "Thank you..." feeling bashful and having to stop yourself from doing the Debby Ryan face, instead, you actually accepted the compliment for what it was.

She continued to help you dress, pulling out long black socks, slightly heeled brown boots and black gloves. When it came to the dress, she told you to pick the color you wanted to try on for the night, not that the decision would really matter given you would most likely need to take the outfit off in a few hours.

You chose the brown dress and then you were helped into the petticoat. She then pulled out what looked to be an apron and helped to secure it around your waist. You realized you would probably need her help again to get out of the whole ensemble, at least the first few times.