👑 Chapter Four 👑

MARINI'S POV

I had been holding interviews for almost two hours and I felt as if I was about to explode. Interviews weren't part of my job description, or at least hadn't been ever since my company started growing and I became too busy. I had people for that now but I decided to conduct this interviews myself. Why you ask? The person I would hire would be with me all the time and I needed to be the one to choose him or her. Surprisingly I even got some female applicants too.

I was starting to regret that choice because of the people who were coming to interview. Some of them were fine but the majority looked they just came here for the fun of it. One guy actually came in, took one look at me and walked out without saying a word. Another one spoke while spitting and there was no way I would hire someone who spat on me all the time. Another guy came in drunk. It's like they kept getting worse. The ladies who came in were not qualified enough and some were just not even fit for the job. None of the people I had interviewed so far seemed capable of handling a fire arm. Even if I didn't want a bodyguard I wanted to hire someone who was actually capable of the job.

I pressed the intercom and my personal assistant knew that was the cue to let in the next person. I composed myself and unbuttoned my suit jacket. I was dressed in a blue pantsuit with a white blouse and white heels to match. My hair was loose today and I had a perfect face of make up with a silver watch and silver studs for accessories. Fridays were more relaxed days at the office in regards to the attire but I always liked to dress impeccably. No need to give people one more reason to gossip about.

I had instructed my PA to tell them to just get in directly without knocking because I wasn't in the mood to keep saying "come in".

The next candidate strutted in and walked straight to the seat in front of my desk and made himself comfortable. He looked decent enough dressed in a hoodie and jeans but there was something wrong with his cheek because it was swelling.

"Are you okay?" I asked pointing at it.

"Eeh ni kajaba tu." He replied exposing his teeth and I almost threw up.

Yes just chewing khat(miraa).

They were all brown and green and he was chewing miraa. Oh My God. What was wrong with these people? Who goes to an interview chewing miraa. That's definitely a deal breaker for me. I think I should have added no drug use of any kind to the advertisement because this was just full on disrespect.

"Thank you very much for coming. Please show yourself out." I demanded with the kindest tone I could master holding in a gag.

"Ati?" He asked.

What?

"Nimesema utoke." I demanded with a shout unable to hold it in anymore.

I've said get out.

"Aii sawa basi. Kaa na hizo maringo zako." He replied and left slamming the door making me cringe.

Okay then. You're so boastful.

"How many more applicants Joan? I'm getting tired of this crap." I asked my PA through the intercom.

"Just one more ma'am." She replied and I breathed in relief.

Let's hope they were the lucky one. I definitely didn't need any more problems and I hadn't yet met anyone who met any qualifications. Or were my standards too high? Definitely not. Maybe I should have just used a security company's service. But that's wasn't any better and they seemed like they would send me someone I didn't approve of. Well better get this over and done with. Before I could ask Joan to let in the last applicant my door swung open and my sisters came strutting in. They never came to my office unless I summoned them both. I think they just came in early to spy on me and make sure I kept my end of the deal to hire a bodyguard.