👑 Chapter Twenty Five 👑

ISAAC'S POV

I was sitting in my office with Gilead going through new security measures when my phone pinged. Thinking it was Marini texting me I looked at the video feed of her office and saw her busy typing away. Her phone was too far away from her grasp so I knew it wasn't her. I ignored the message and continued with my work. Five minutes later another message followed by two more.

"Just check and see what it is. If I hear one more ping I'll flush your phone down the toilet." Gilead threatened and I laughed.

"What's got your boxers in a bunch? You've been acting moody all morning." I teased.

"I'm sorry. I slept on the couch last night after saying something I shouldn't have to the wife." He explained.

"Just apologize." I stated and he looked at me as if I was mad.

"You think I haven't tried that?" He asked.

"Then you must be doing it wrong. Buy her some flowers and chocolates and give a hand written note. Trust me she'll forgive you. Men think women are hard but they aren't. I'm sure she's already over it by now but she just wants you to work for it." I explained.

"You think so?" He asked.

"I know so. Trust me on this." I reassured him.

"Thanks man. I hope it works because I cannot take another night on that God forsaken couch. You know what I'm actually going to do a lap around the building and stretch a bit." He excused himself getting up and leaving the room.

I was left alone chuckling to myself wondering if that will ever happen to me. I knew I'd slip up but I'd never allow my woman to go to bed angry at me; that's how stuff pilled up and the resentment started. If I ever got married it would be for life, there would be no room for divorce.

If I closed my eyes I could see exactly who that person I wanted to spend the rest of my life was but there was not time to dwell on that. My phone pinged again and I fished it out of my pocket wanting to know who was multi texting me like that. It was probably Jeremy sending me stupid memes.

I unlocked my phone and opened my messages; It was a new hunger number that I didn't recognize. There were six messages in total.

Hey

Shoot! That sounded lame

Its Sheila. You helped me the other day by the side of the road.

Sorry to disrupt your day but I got your number from my brothers phone after I used your phone to call him.

I just wanted to say thank you again.

That's even more lame sorry. Can I invite you out to lunch as a thank you? It's okay if you say no.

I laughed to myself reading her messages. I hadn't thought about her since Saturday. She was a nice lady and I didn't want to be rude but I didn't want to go out to lunch with her. Lunch was my time with Marini and I quite enjoyed eating with her. I was thinking about the best way to reply to her kindly when she texted again.

I'm sorry that was too forward . You know what sorry for bothering you. Have a nice afternoon and thanks again.

She apologized and I realized I didn't even have to answer her. It would be rude not to but I had no idea what to say to her. Before I could put my phone back in my pocket Jeremy's words ran through my head. I needed to move on. Here was my chance to do that. Sheila seemed like a nice enough lady. I hadn't seen a ring on her finger meaning she wasn't married and I don't think a girl in a relationship would be inviting another man out to lunch. Maybe I should grab the opportunity before it slid from my fingers.