👑 Chapter Thirty Four 👑

MARINI'S POV

The restaurant Amani had chosen for our lunch date was an out door restaurant where you had to wait for your food to be cooked after you ordered. Thankfully Amani and Jeremy had gotten there first and ordered so we didn't have to wait long. I sat next to Isaac while Amani and Jeremy sat across from us.

I was trying my best to be in the moment but the bomb that Isaac had dropped on me while we were in the gym would not leave my mind. I mean yeah I had thought about marrying Isaac but it had only been for a fleeting moment. I had no idea that he was thinking about it and was actually serious about the whole thing.

It's not that I didn't want to marry him, he was the best candidate but I didn't want to tie him to me for all the wrong reasons. Faking the whole marriage would have been easy but I would be denying myself and the values taught to me by my parents. I remember my mom telling us how scared marriage was and that if we ever got married it should be with someone we planned to spend the rest of our lives with since divorce was practically a taboo to Christians. The church had reinforced all her teachings as I grew older and even though some Christians did get divorced it was still wrong.

When I was in my first relationship I had been all for it and actually thought we would get married and have kids but then he betrayed me and now he was bankrupt and spending the rest of his days cleaning floors somewhere. I may have forgiven him but he was a despicable man and I didn't want him scamming any more innocent ladies. I had decided that marriage and relationships weren't for me after that and I was okay with it. Then came Isaac who threw me off course when I started having feelings for him but I think I handled that well enough or not. The council and their so called judgment had ruined my lifes plan and now here I was forced to get married. I just needed the right kind of advice or someone to tell me what to do because I was clearly not getting anywhere making all the decisions by myself.

"Mar."I heard Amani call out to me and I turned to face her casting my thoughts into a corner.

"Mmh."

"Are you okay?" She asked looking concerned.

"Yeah why?"I I replied trying to give her the most genuine smile I could muster.

"Because the food arrived five minutes ago and you haven't eaten anything."She replied and that's when I realized that the food laid out before me. It was a fried fish platter with accompaniments such as chapati,baked potatoes, kachumbari carrot sticks, dip and of course soda.

"I'm okay. There's just a lot on my mind."I replied not wanting to lie to her but still keeping the details to myself.

"If you're sure."She replied giving me a skeptical smile.

"How's school? Finish your exams yet?" I asked her to stir the conversation away from me as I started eating.

"Nice save."Isaac whispered next to me and I looked over at him and smiled.

"I know."I replied.

He was just so handsome and perfect in all ways and yet he wanted to marry me, someone who probably would never be able to return his feelings and give him the family that he deserved. Sure I had feelings for him but were they strong enough to actually want to get married to him. He deserved a definite marriage where he was sure of what he was getting into and not one full of maybes like the one I was offering.

"Yeah I'm done just looking for prospective places to attend my internship."Amani replied getting my thoughts back into the moment.

"Remind me again why you didn't just attend your internship at Zuri Safaris."Jeremy asked.