👑 Chapter Twenty Eight 👑

MARINI'S POV

I sat in my home office using the stapler as my stress release ball leaving pins all over my desk and floor. The images of the previous day played over and over like a broken record in my head. Damn that Sheila. Who did she think she was? I didn't like cussing but she just brought out the negative side of me. That negative side was jealousy and I didn't like that feeling. I didn't get jealous but when it came to Isaac I experienced things that were new to me.

I hadn't even been able to go to church, too angry at the world. I was in the wrong headspace to be in Gods presence. I knew that I should have been seeking God more than ever so He could help me deal with my feelings but I was feeling extremely worn down.

I had actually missed Isaac. I know it had been my idea to stay away from him to give us both space to move on with our lives but I still missed the old us. I had missed having meals together and talking about random stuff. I missed teasing him and hearing him give me random compliments. I missed having fun with him that's why I had staged the whole school trip fiasco so it could be just the two of us. The tour for the kids was totally genuine,I hadn't lied about that but they had been the perfect excuse to spend time with Isaac.

Why else would I have been dressed up and about to leave at the exact time he woke up yet Saturdays were my days to sleep in. I knew he wouldn't allow me to leave on my own and would insist on tagging along. It had all worked out perfectly until meddlesome Sheila showed up ruining everything.

I was hoping to at least get out to hang out with someone close to me but it hadn't happened. Lulu had been in Samburu for about two months give or take and was already making great headway on her project. Amani was busy with exams and when she wasn't she was hanging out with Jeremy. We all still went to church together including Jeremy but Isaac usually dropped me back home after the service so he could hang out with Sheila. They didn't get to hang out most weekdays because of clashing work schedules so the weekends were the only days they got together. I had the authority to take that away but Isaac seemed happy and I didn't want to take that from him for my own selfish reasons.

Why couldn't I find my own person like everyone else had? Even Lulu was being driven crazy by some Samburu Prince or so I'd heard yet here I was single as a pringle. Oh wait, yeah I remember the reason now, marriage and love was for fools and I wasn't one. Yet currently I felt like I'd give up all my properties to be one of those fools.

Why wasn't I happy yet this is what I'd requested from Isaac? He was only doing what I had asked and didn't deserve me getting mad at him but I just couldn't help it. Why couldn't I move on from him when it had been so easy for him to replace me with Sheila? What did she have that I didn't? Oh no, I did not just go there. Comparing myself with another woman just because of a man was the lowest of the low and I had just crossed that line. What was becoming of me?

Before I could dwell more on those thoughts the intercom for the gate buzzed. I hadn't ordered anything and everyone had their own key card. Isaac was currently out with his girlfriend doing God knows what so I was home alone with Kim. I checked the security camera on the gate and saw two men standing there. If they were here to steal why would they bother asking to be buzzed in? They looked a little too old to be thieves though one older than the other with a noticeable slouch and grey hair.

"Go away." I yelled into the intercom hoping to get rid of them.

They both jumped surprised, the little action making me laugh a little. At least they had made me smile amidst my internal battle. They both looked around confused wondering where my voice had come from. The younger looking one located the camera and pointed at it. The video feed was pretty clear and I immediately recognized him.