👑 Chapter Forty 👑

MARINIS'S POV

People said that meeting your significant other's family was always hard and nerve wrecking. They were clearly wrong because I was as cool as a cucumber about the whole thing. Who am I kidding? I was so nervous I probably needed another shower as soon as I was done setting the table. I hadn't been halfway the level of nervousness I was feeling while I was meeting Jeremy's parents. I should have been since they were the closest thing Isaac had to parent before his dad started stepping up but I hadn't been.

Isaacs dad and his family were in the country for the wedding having landed in the wee hours of the morning. Instead of coming straight here they had been dropped off at one of my hotels in the city to get some rest and they were coming over to the house for lunch before we headed to the church for rehearsals. I wasn't even anxious about meeting his dad since we'd spoken severally over the phone after our first talk when we invited him to the wedding. I was apprehensive about meeting his stepmom and two step sisters. He told me that they had never been close and I hoped they weren't mean. I would not fight any of them physically but if they said even one negative thing about me or Isaac in my presence I would not spare them a tongue thrashing.

I looked at my outfit and even though it was an informal affair I was still dressed to impress. I had chosen a maxi ankara dress with brown and gold patterns and an off shoulder neckline. I'd opted for a pair of flats instead of heels so as to look less intimidating.

Isaac hadn't been able to pick them up in the morning, he used catching a cold as an excuse but I saw right through him, he was just scared of them, so we had sent them a chauffeured car instead. Josiah was still around until after the wedding so I was taking advantage of that and had him do all the pick up and dropping off. They should have arrived already but it was a weekday and lunchtime traffic was real so it was okay for them to be a few minutes late.

"Isaac."I yelled through the house calling out to my wuss of a fiancee.

"Yell my name any louder and people will think we're having sex."Isaac joked coming down the stairs and my straight face passed on the message that his joke was unappreciated.

I took a minute to admire him and his outfit choice for the day, a white button down, black jeans and brown boots. He looked good.

"I'm sorry darling but why are you yelling at me."He apologized coming to my side and kissing my temple.

"Because I need you to go the backyard and call in the rest of the family. We all need to be settled by the time your family arrives."I instructed.

"Yes ma'am and in less than two days they will be your family too so we can share that burden."He said smirking at me.

"Can't wait, now go please."I replied pushing him towards the direction of the sliding doors leading to the backyard.

I would have preferred to eat outside but the three musketeers, as I called our siblings had decided to throw a party of five the previous day and now the whole place looked like like a clown threw up in it because of all the confetti. They were cleaning it up by the way, their mess, their duty.

Helena who had helped me cook came out of the kitchen with the last platter of food and placed it on the table. I had asked her to join us but she had said she'd be too intimidated by our guests. I was too so I didn't push her.

"Is that all miss?" She asked.

"Yes Helena it's perfect thank you."I replied and she excused herself to go God knows where.

The mansion was big enough that she could disappear and not be found for hours. Maybe she could even take a nap in one of the extra bedrooms, she deserved it after all the slaving we had done in the kitchen.