👑 Chapter Thirty Six 👑

MARINI'S POV

I was seated in my room getting ready for the dinner date I had promised Isaac after ditching him during lunch. I didn't have to but I enjoyed going out with Isaac to eat out. I'd called it a dinner date but what we went on weren't exactly dates. It was just two very good friends who enjoyed each others company. Some part of me yearned for more and I was only learning to embrace that part.

Isaac kept dropping hints asking me to say yes and I was just about ready to break. After the talk with my Reverend and lots of prayers later I felt more relaxed about the whole situation. It still irked me but I was beginning to accept it as part of my future now. I would have already said yes to Isaac but for some reason I was still holding back even if he basically asked me all the time. I had no idea what I was waiting for. Well I still had about three months before my birthday to figure out the whole thing .

There was a slight knock on my door and I heard Isaac speak from the other side. I was still in my robe having not decided what to wear yet so I hoped he didn't come in. Not that there was anything wrong with him seeing me in my robe, he'd seen me in less but I was naked underneath it.

"Hey Mar are you ready yet?"He asked.

"Nope just deciding on what to wear."I replied holding the robe tighter to my chest as I looked at the door warily.

"Make sure to dress casual. We're not going anywhere fancy."He instructed.

"Okay give me ten minutes."I replied.

I heard him chuckle from the other side of the door probably knowing I'd take more than ten minutes. No matter how fast I tried I always found myself taking a lot of time to get ready.

"It's fine, take your time. I'll see you downstairs."

"Okay."

I listened for his fading footsteps and when I was sure he had left I relaxed back into my seat. I had no idea why I was behaving this way towards Isaac but ever since he proposed I had been thinking more and more about him and not always in the most innocent way. I found myself discretely watching his lips wondering how it would feel to kiss him. Whenever I saw him shirtless my mind would always wander away and practically strip him naked with my eyes. More than ever I took my time admiring how good he looked in a suit and how perfectly sculptured his body was. I was blaming it on the fact that I had been celibate for more than five years and living with the finest specimen of a man I had ever laid my eyes on.

Well I better get ready before I gave Isaac any more reason to tease me about how much time I took to get ready. I had my hair in twists and my nails were done in a dark nail polish. I walked into my closet and pulled on a set of lacy black underwear. Seeing as Isaac had said I should wear something casual I decided on a pair of blue jeans and floral long top that had buttons until my midriff before it flowed all the way down to my heels. I paired it with some tan heels. After applying some red lipstick I grabbed my handbag with all my essentials and left my room.

Isaac was in the kitchen pouring some water for Kim who came running when he saw me. He licked my hand wagging his tail excitedly. Isaac looked up and I had to admit the man did know how to dress. He was wearing a pair of dark jeans, a grey full neck sweater, a brown jacket and brown boots. He looked mighty fine and I had to use Kim as a distraction before my mind wandered too far.

"You look beautiful."Isaac complimented and I smiled up at him.

"Thank you. You look nice too."I replied.

After he was done setting everything out for Kim we both left the house and soon enough we were on the highway headed to wherever he was taking me. Speaking of....