👑 Chapter Forty One👑

ISAAC'S POV

I walked outside towards the pool with my uniform slung over my shoulder in a garment bag. Since we were having a mixed wedding because of our difference cultures we were going to follow both sides of the tradition. The wedding was the following day and I wasn't allowed to see Marini until she walked down the aisle so I had to say goodbye before heading to Jeremy's house for my so called bachelor party.

Marini and the rest of her bridal party were remaining back at the mansion for her bachelorette party. I knew there wouldn't be any strippers so I wasn't worried in that area.

I found all of them lounging either in the umbrellas next to the pool, in the water or sunbathing on some towels. No one ever wants to see their mother in law in a bikini but I was forced to endure that to get to my queen. They were seven of them with the newest addition being Jane, Gilead's wife and Marini's maid of honor.

"Hello wife to be."I greeted her as I leaned down to kiss her forehead.

She dropped her shades and looked at me with a smile. She was wearing a black one piece bikini that outlined her curves perfectly. She scooted over and gave me some space to sit on the lounger.

"Hey husband to be. Going to Jeremy's?" She asked eyeing the garment bag.

"Yeah before you ladies kick me out, I'm kicking myself out."I replied and she laughed.

"Well have fun and tell Jeremy if you're not at the altar when I get to the church tomorrow he better be ready to step up and take your place."She warned and I laughed.

"Yes ma'am. Have a nice day with the girl's and don't overdo it on the wine."I requested.

"No promises."She replied and I tsked at her.

I kissed her forehead before getting up.

"You ladies have a great day, take care of my wife will you?" I requested them.

"Bye Isaac."Amani yelled from the pool and I waved at her.

"We'll take care of her don't worry."My step mom dismissed and after one final wave I walked out of there.

I went into the garage and put my outfit in the backseat of the audi before getting behind the wheel and driving out of the compound.

Marini had told me that she and the girls were going to have a spa day. I guess that meant getting pampered by getting massages and having their hair and nails done. I knew they were going to get drunk but as long as they did it in the mansion that was okay with me.

I was happy that my family had come to to Kenya for my wedding and after the meal Marini had prepared for all of us, it was safe to say that they approved of her. We hadn't talked about fixing our relationship and honestly I didn't want to have that talk. I was satisfied with the way things were since actions were louder than words. It was all buried and forgotten and I just wanted to move on.

The honeymoon getaway gift they had given us had been a welcome surprise. The groom, in this case me was the one who usually handled the destination. I still had a little left over in my account after paying for Marini's ring and I was planning on taking her to Seychelles. Lucky I hadn't already booked the tickets and the place. We would go there some other time, probably for our first year anniversary or something.

The drive was a little long and it had me lost in thought about how my life would change once I said 'I do'. Marini had taken the big step into marriage and I knew it was huge for her. Now that we were building our future together I had the biggest question of all. Kids?

Anytime I mentioned anything to do with kids Marini always froze on me. I accept that the thought scared her but she was going to be a wife soon and the title mother should come after. I was not getting younger and wanted to raise my kids while I was still young and able. Even just one kid would be enough as long as I got to experience the gift of parenthood. I would talk to Marini about that topic but only after the whole wedding thing was over. I didn't want her freaking out on me and calling the whole thing off. I was sure I could manage to talk her into having at least one kid but I had to focus on making him her my wife first.