👑 Chapter Twenty One 👑

ISAAC'S POV

I stood at the bottom of the stairs dressed in my grey suit waiting for Marini to come down. Tonight was the night of the Fahari Awards Ceremony and Marini was taking her time getting ready as usual. I always had to wait for her even when I gave her a thirty minute headstart but I was getting used to it. She was justified for taking that much time anyway because she always emerged looking like a queen.

Kim was running circles around me trying to get my attention but I was too distracted to pay him any attention. He eventually gave up and went to chase a ball around.

The clicking of heels drew my attention to the top of the stairs and I swallowed audibly. Marini looked out of this world in a long royal blue gown that swept the floor. It was long sleeved with top half was all lace teasing of all the skin underneath. Her breasts was covered but she still looked ethereal. From the waist down the dress flowed in pools of blue with a slit on her left leg that ended mid thigh. She was wearing silver strapped heels to match her accessories. Her hair was in bouncy curls flowing over her back and her make up was perfect.

She looked so beautiful, it hurt to look at her. How did she expect me to get over her if she kept looking so good?
I resisted the urge to lick my lips and cleared my throat instead.

"You look simply breathtaking. You'll definitely be the bella of the ball tonight." I complimented when she was two steps away from me.

She smiled at me and I felt body warm up from the inside out being the recipient of such radiance.

"I couldn't look shabby now could I with you looking like you walked out the pages of worlds most handsome men magazine." She replied and I scoffed in an attempt to brush her off but I took notice of the fact that she thought I looked good.

"With such a sweet tongue no wonder you're winning Female Entrepreneur of the year award." I replied holding out my hand for her and she took it.

"I'm not winning the award." She confessed and I looked at her puzzled.

"You aren't?" I asked.

"No I pulled a few strings and asked that they award someone else." She explained.

"You're simply magnificent." I complimented as we headed outside locking the door behind us making sure Kim was safe and secure inside.

"I try but someone else would benefit more from the award than me."She insisted and I just nodded knowing that she'd have a contradicting statement for any of my replies.

She deserved that award but she was willing to give it up so that someone else could have it. She was just the best of the best.

I had already parked the door outside and ever since we got back from the coast Marini insisted on sitting up front with me. After helping her with her dress I closed the door and went around to the driver's side.

"Ready?" I asked her.

"Nope but its not like I can back out so let's go." She replied and I took that as my cue to start driving.

A few minutes later we were out of the compound and on the highway. The event was being held at Carnivore Grounds and lucky for me I already knew where that was. Jeremy had taken me to a few places in the city when I first arrived. The places he deemed were a must know so I knew exactly where we were headed.

"Even if you don't win that award aren't there a few more you were nominated for." I quizzed.

"Yeah but those have more to do with the company than me personally." She replied.