4. Ban

I can't believe it. The man I always wanted to see in real life, but figured that it'll never happen, is now standing right in front of me.

"H-how long have you been here, Ban?!" That's the only thing I can come up with to say.

"Yeah, I figured Cap'n might have spoken of me since you're looking for him." He says.

"Ah... no that's not it" I'm not sure if I should tell him the truth?

"So I'm just that famous that you recognise me as soon as you see me? Now that's something to celebrate!" He smiles his wonderful smile.

So tall... and handsome. He's currently wearing his red leatheroutfit. I look down in the ground to hide my matching-coloured face.

"Y-yeah.. you are."

He wouldn't believe me anyways if I told him the real story. So let's just say I met someone who told me about him.

"You remind me of Elaine a little, your height and hair and that blushing face of yours" He says without warning me first.

"HHUUH?!" I let out a weird sound. Ahh so embarrassing.

"You know her, too?"

"Whaat noo I don't I just meant like what who's that and not like I know her and is super surprised and happy of that you think I'm like her cause that would mean that you might like me too and that's like my biggest dream no no no it's nothing like that!" I talk too fast to even understand what I saying myself. Did I seriously just confess to him?!!

"Uhh I couldn't hear a thing but ok."

That could've gone way worse thanks to me!

"So are you looking for Cap'n or not? Gimme a straight answer this time" he asks.

"I am." I look behind me at the giant pit. "Do you know where he and the others are?" I get eye contact with him and he bends down to get in the same height as me. So close!

"Not a clue" ha whispers and stands up straight again.

We both sit down by the tree. What to do what to do what to do... all I can think of is that FOX SIN OF GREED BAN is sitting next to me. And he said that I remind him of Elaine! His freaking girlfriend! The one I envy for being so pretty and warm-hearted...

"I've got an idea" Ban says and thankfully breaks my thought process.

"Huh?"

"Yeah, I think we go after 'em."

"Just like that? We don't even know where they're headed. By the way, why are you looking for him?"

"I could ask you the same. But well, long story short, he told me to. Like, wrote me a letter."

"Knowing that you'll come to here and then leave without a trace? That's not very nice of him" I say.

"Hm. He probably has his reasons."

*short silence*

"What if I ask you then?" He says.

"What?"

"Why are you looking for Cap'n?"

Why? Because I want to learn more about him and the others. Because I've always wanted to be a part of his gang. Because he's the first person I met in this realm.

"Because I never got an opportunity to have a real conversation with him"

"Huh, so you're a fangirl"

"Absolutely not! I mean..." I lower my voice so that it's almost impossible to hear. "I'm more of a fangirl for you.."

He doesn't look surprised.

"You know more about me than you tell" he says. Is he suspecting something?

He stands up.

"By the way, they did leave a trace" he says with the normal self-confident voice and points at the hole.

"Yeah but that's not gon-"

"Look inside it dummy"

I step forward and stops by the edge. There's a sign? Where?

Then I see something in the bottom middle, something camouflaged but unnatural. I fly down to pick it up but it disappears before I get the chance, all I see is a purplish light. I turn around and looks up at Ban who seems even taller from down here. And he's holding the thing!

"Can I trust you?" He asks.

"Of course" I answer.

"Prove it. Tell me your secret."

Dammit.