Jackson~Someone Else

Y/n

I sigh staring out my window again staring at the moon. My clock strikes 1 am and I'm sitting here wide awake. My phone is sitting on my dresser shut off because I couldn't face his reaction to me admitting my feelings because I knew I was going to get rejected. A stray tear falls down my face and I quickly wipe it away. You see Jackson's attention has always been on Mei and I can't blame him honestly. She's basically perfect , she's the sweetest person I know and my best friend. The thing is she isn't interested in him whatsoever and is pursuing Namjoon instead. The four of us grew up together and were inseparable and now Mei and Namjoon are an item. Jackson is very obvious about his feelings but she chooses to ignore them. He complains to me about it all the time, not realizing he's doing the same thing he complains about to me.

Ew by Joji plays softly in my room at a volume only I can hear. I decide to turn on my phone but am stopped by the sound of something hitting my bedroom window. I ignore it and let my iPhone screen light up from black to white back to the lock screen of the four of us smiling together seemingly happy to all be together. The sound becomes persistent so I walk back over to my window to see Jackson throwing rocks. I sigh and lift the slightly heavy window. "...What are you doing at my window at 1 am? I'm sure whatever you have to say can wait for morning." He looks nervous , guilty almost. "Y/n/n I'm sorry, I wanted to make sure you were okay because you didn't respond to my messages. The last thing I'd want is to upset you because you're one of my best friends." I blink a few times trying to fight back tears because he's too nice to me. He's always been too nice, probably why I fell in love with him in the first place.

I look at my phone seeing the messages of probable rejection displayed on my screen making me feel slightly worse. "Why would anything be wrong? It's not like I didn't know that you didn't return my feelings, I knew it all along. Anyone with eyes would choose her over me. I don't blame you...how did you know I was even up?" He shrugs kicking the pebbles at his feet. "Well you're always up this late usually watching anime so I took a chance. But Y/n there's nothing wrong with you..." I laugh humorlessly and force a smile. "Well I'm not going to argue with you because it's not like you'd understand. Clearly this isn't going to happen so forget I said anything. Just forget it ever happened... and everything else too. I can't take this anymore it's already having me question myself and I don't want to have lower than usual self esteem. I can't be around you guys, goodbye Jackson."

"Wait you're saying you're not going to talk to any of us because of me? That's not exactly fair Y/n, what about Mei, she's your best friend?! What did she do? She loves you!" I nod. "And you love her. It's an endless cycle Jackson really, I love you, you love her, and she loves Namjoon and they're dating. You whine to me about your problems, she tells me to go for it and confess my feelings for you so we can all be buddy buddy and go on double dates. She unknowingly rejects you but you still love her. That's the cycle I'm breaking. I can't go through that anymore...I'm done."

"Y/n/n I don't think you get it. I do love you, I even said so in my messages. I'm just not ready for a relationship right now... I came here to make sure you're okay because I need you to be okay. Please don't do this...." I shake my head. "Yeah well I'm taking a break from all of this. I need to to think about things...I'm not a rebound from you not getting Mei." I remove myself from my window and I close it back locking it.

💔

Now Group 2 for those boarding flight 677A for Seoul, SK

I stand up grabbing my carryon bag and my phone. After a month of being away and doing my own thing I've decided to come back.

~

I walk into my home and sigh seeing, as it should, looking how I left it a month ago. Going to the fridge...of course it's empty so it looks like I have to go shopping. I grab my keys and lock up before making my way down the block to the nearest grocery store. I grab a small cart because I'm shopping for one. I browse the familiar aisles grabbing things that I need until I hear familiar laughter. "Joonie I can't believe you broke another wooden spoon, I need those for cooking! It's a good thing I love you." "Yeah but I was just distracted by Jackson whining over Y/n again. I tripped and broke it."

I hear Mei and Namjoon on what seems the aisle over. I pretend that I don't hear them and I keep shopping. As I turn on another aisle I hear a gasp. "Y/N!! You're back!" Mei rushes over to me all smiles and Namjoon waves. "...Oh yeah I got back a couple hours ago." She hugs me, squeezing me rather, while I try not to tense up. Seeing her is like being reminded of Jackson. "How was your trip Y/n/n?" Namjoon joins in hugging me making it a group hug much to my dismay. "It was very relaxing and I had lots of time to think. As much as I didn't want to see you guys I guess it's unavoidable...I missed you two."

"Awww we missed you two! Jackson has been complaining to us about you...did you tell him you're back?" I scoff rolling my eyes. "Yeah right, he's been simping over you for years and now he's claiming he wants me? I'm not with it." They look at each other confused. "Uh Y/n he's always talked about you. I thought it was obvious!" I let out a humorless laugh. "No he's always complained to me about Mei." Namjoon starts to look guilty and Mei and I raise an eyebrow. "I might've given him the advice to talk to you about how he feels but hypothetically use someone else when doing it to make it obvious but he's an idiot. I should've known.."

I sigh not knowing how to feel about this new information. "Well thanks guys, I gotta finish up my shopping and get home to cook myself something. I'll text you later." They bid their goodbyes and go off to the checkout line. I get everything I need and go on to get checked out.

~

"So I did invite Jackson, you two need to talk." Mei and I are sitting in a booth at our favorite restaurant. "I hate it here I really do." I see a nervous Jackson make his way over to us and he sits next to me. "Hey Y/n/n...you look really nice! Uh I brought you these..." He hands me a bouquet of my favorite flowers and a small smile etches across my face. "Hi Jackson...thank you. I heard you released a new line of clothes, congratulations." Mei smiles seeing that the conversation is going well.

The whole dinner was pleasant and gradually Jackson moved closer to me and it was like old times. Mei leaves the two of us alone to take a phone call but I know what she's doing. "So...uh about before I really wanted to apologize. I guess I never really gave you a chance to explain anything." He sighs and places his hand on mine. "No I'm the one who should apologize, I unknowingly made you feel less than instead of telling you up front about how I felt about you. Mei is great and all but she's not my type, I've always been in love with you. All those times I'd complain to you about her I was talking about you, I wanted you to love me and not love anyone else. I'm really sorry Y/n/n...can you forgive me?"

I nod softly processing what he said. "I forgive you, I know that you didn't want to get into a relationship yet but-" "I do, but only if it's with you." I feel my mouth slack a bit in surprise. "You...want to date me?" He smiles turning so he can see my face better. "Of course that's the beginning, then I'll wife you up and father our children. That's what I want, I want you Y/n." He said my real name he's being serious. "Okay I'll be your girlfriend and future wife."

Bonus ending

Jackson's POV

"So you two are finally together huh? It's about time, you took forever!" Namjoon rolls his eyes sipping his soju. "Yeah well we're going to get married one day and when we do we're going to have the most beautiful children." He shakes his head chuckling to himself. "Yeah you always did know how to pick your chocolate, nice and smooth. When we were little don't get mad but I liked Y/n too." I raise an eyebrow. "Namjoon I didn't know that you liked chocolate. I thought you were a vanilla guy."

"I always liked chocolate, all kinds but I think Y/n wears it best."

A/n

Hey lovelies requests are open. I haven't gotten any but that's okay!! Anyways sorry for the late update. It's hard trying to update 3 books 🌝....anyways this was Jackson. Who next??