Chapter 1: The promise

"So soon we will give this world a new hope of development and a step to future technology!"

Everyone stood up and clapped for this young female professor standing on grand stage. 

"Bravo Prof. Maria!!"

"Incredible"

"She never disappoints."

"She is a genius"

The complete hall filled with the compliments and cheers for this girl in suit wearing a white  coat and black silky locks tied in a pony tail giving the best vibe of a cool anime Scientist.

Her orbs was pitch black matching with her strands tugged behind the ears. Her voice is sweet but deep enough to give extra weightage in her speech.

But one hindrance to call her the most beautiful boffin.... her face which was always cover with a white color mask goes from her left eye to hovering her adjacent cheek and then lower face including lips.

Some has the theories of her secret face. They say she must have burnt her left portion of face feature turning her into an ugly cursed fairy.

When she first step in this outer world she was tagged with a lot of questions for people but soon her hard work proved her importance. They need this genius brain to uplift their society and she never disappoint in that.

She is not a social person infact she rarely spotted out except from her workplace or seminars. Still she was in everyone's heart for her kindness and hardwork. She isn't cold or arrogant, just and introvert who speak less... way too less. 

All this lead her to an award name of "Mysteries Angel".

Finishing her seminar she thanked everybody who shacked hands with her in hall, as always a great impression on listeners.

Finally this hectic day came to end and here she was heading to her private parking lot. The laboratory she works in is her Uncle's property which gives her extra security and privacy to work.

Humming her favorite music entangling with the echo of her heels clicking she reach her car. She took out the key causing a jingling sound of the keychain attached to it. She press a button and the only vehicle standing in that floor flash light from both front and behind followed by greet from car which is the unlocking thug sound of car doors.

She took a step closer and lift her hand, about to open the door when someone called her Name... Her hands stop and so as the humming because the call wasn't "Maria" but her real name, nobody ever reported about, except the owner of this call. 

"Ohoo are you planning to leave me alone to take bus huh?! at this age!!.. very cruel Mahi." An old man said pouting in a cute tone.

"What's with that tone uncle? " she laughed "and we are still in building SIR," she said in mocking tone. He sighed and both head in the car.

She starts the engine and leave the parking lot. The old man sitting beside her gulp some water and relax on the seat. He closed his eyes for a moment and again open it.

"Today was a great day. We got a lot of good respond from the committee and other scientists, also they praised you whole heartedly." the man says in his calm tone.

"Hmm I heard one of your college talking to you 'OH Mr. Vedh your this gem is amazing!'" she mimicked that person and both laugh.

They passed a highway and parked under a quite bridge. Both get out of the car and exchange their seats. She slowly took out her mask and place it in a bag and kept it under a black plie in back of the car.