Chapter 26: The 2nd real her

"N-Nothing just..." he try to hide it but she pull his hand back and examine it.

"Wait here I will call a nurse, you also head a cut on cheek." She said coldly and left.

She came with a nurse who treat his wounds but his eyes were only admiring Mahi. She wasn't looking at him act focused on his hand dressed by nurse with bandage.

After Nurse left she sat opposite to him and starts eating again. She felt a pair of eyes staring at her. She lift her head and found Varun looking at her biting his lower lips innocently. 

"What?" she asked pissed.

He showed his hand "My right hand is bandaged and I can't eat properly with left hand" he said looking down like lost child.

She sigh and sat beside him. She grab the food in spoon and bring it to Varun's mouth. They look in each others eyes for minute.

Varun want her to be in his arms, stroking her hairs. He started leaning but before he go farther Mahi shove spoon in his mouth.

"If you want to get feed, you better behave" she said with sternness and look away.

He just nod and give a cute smile. This new side of him annoy her because it was making her feel butterflies.

She again shove a spoon full of oatmeal and like this they finished the dinner. He helped her in cleaning and keep giving small smiles making her flutter.

But she act tough and didn't show her heart tension. Mahi slept on sofa where as Varun keep admiring her sitting beside Mr. Singh.

"Thank you Dad for giving this angel to me. I promise I will correct my mistake and win her back. I will bring our family back at all cost" He said to his dad who was still unconscious.

He look for them whole night.

Next morning Mahi woke up finding Varun uncomfortably sleeping on chair. She got up and woke him up and asked to rest on sofa.

As he started to walk to sofa they heard Machine beeping. They immediately called doctor. He came and checked his body.

"There's nothing to worry he will gain conscious so--" doctor stopped talking as Mr. Singh started opening his eyes.

They helped him to sit. Doctor checked him again and give some medication before leaving.

"Looks like I m still not done with you guys haha" he try to make atmosphere but then Varun hug him making Mr. Singh shocked.

"I m sorry dad for every bad thing I did... I wasn't a good son... " Varun said with horsy voice.

"Thank you son... finally my wished fulfilled to hug you again like... we use to when you were young." He rub his back and bring him infront and saw tears in his eyes

"Don't son... Your mom won't forgave me if you cry because of me" he said wiping his son's tears. He nod rapidly again hugging him.

Mahi smiled at them then they spread arms to Mahi to join them for a family hug. Mr. Singh wiggle his eyes at Varun signaling Mahi to pull prank on Varun.

"A-A~~, Oh my my my~ my wound~" Mr. Singh fake whined making Varun worried. Mr. Singh and Mahi laughed together at him and he scratch his neck's back and laugh with them.

Next day

Prakash came to visit Mr. Singh and gave flowers and fruits.

"Rena send them for you all... take a good rest Sir.." Prakash bowed to show his greeting.

They have chit chats and Mr. Singh keep cracking jokes but Varun noticed Prakash was silent after all he is talkative person which made him confused. 

"I guess its time for Prakash to go. Rena must be waiting for you.." Varun said as everyone agreed and he left with him.

As they reached his car Varun stopped and turn to Prakash. "Are you Ok? you looked lost earlier?"

"Varun I have something to tell you" Varun nod to continue him

"Before leaving that building I picked those paper pieces and brought them home. Last night me and Rena worked on it and take out new printout and this is what we found" he bring out the file from car and handover to Varun, as he starts reading his eyes widen.

"Yes these papers says that patent of ACRER is being sold to Kevin's company by inventor but he forced Mahi to sigh them and the signature on them was of Maria... "

"not only this but that viral vedio was first shared from your father's server and he was the one to vanish all resources of Maria... means the person we assumed was your dad, Mr. Singh but what catch me off was that parking lot footage, When I asked my man to detect its audio you know what I heard..... Mr. Naresh.. Mahi's Uncle called that Maria..... M-Mahi in it." Varun saw him disbelieved.

"You know what all this point to, that... O-Our M-Mahi is the one we where finding T-to k-kill... I can't believe I death cursed my own sister when she was just saving herself from other dangers... and h-her danger turn out to be u-us." Prakash shutter on his own words feeling ashamed for doing bad for her even though that time he didn't knew the truth.

Varun was out of word, all this time he was planning to kill his own wife. Prakash hold his shoulder with watery eyes/

"She brought happiness in our life but all we gave her was p-pain... We owe her a lot Varun." with that Prakash leave him all broken.

This truth stab his soul again. He was ashamed of remembering how he use to think of torturing Maria to death but now it turn out to be his wife. He can't process how to face her. He drag is feet back staring blankly nowhere.

Meantime Mahi was pealing orange for them when Mr. Singh asked for his pills. She gave pills with a glass of water to him and sat beside on chair.

"Father can I ask you something?" she said in calm but curious tone

"Yes child,... say "he replied gulping the pills.

"I think you are hiding something from me, no-one took shot for someone you met for just few months ago, you did so much for me even though I told you, you won't get any profit even if you invest in my project... Just because my Uncle asked you isn't enough reason for your all those actions..." she was curious but asked in calm tone.

"I guess I can't hide truth anymore"