Chapter 22: The Unfolding of truths

"Here is the footage" he said giving him tablet, already playing the footage. Varun focused on it as Prakash started giving details 

"This footage is of parking lot after her last seminar overed, there she is" he point at the women in mask near car and then at the old man talking to her .

"and this.. is Naresh Vedh. Basically her partner in most of her project... I saw him with her in other seminars too, they looks close... but he was hit by a Van the day Maria disappeared. The Van was of Shaw group."

"Naresh Vedh.. I heard it before but where.." Varun said thinking hard.

"Naresh.. Vedh...."his eyes widen, he quickly open his phone and take out the pdf of Mahi's details sent by his hacker.

He stood up from his seat giving glance at phone then tablet.

"He... is Mahi's uncle.... how the heck they are related.. and.. and also Mahi has Maria's personally designed screen lock which only provided to military... "

"Hey dude are you sure because its really hard to even get her appointment. She don't meet people easily...also she don't give her programs or devices to 'ANY' unauthorized person and Mahi is...?" Prakash said with his one eyebrow lifted.

"I... I m sure he is her uncle who migrate from India with her!" he showed his phone to Prakash.

"and that lock program I saw with my own eyes.... but then those pictures and that check" his mind was confused af.

"What picture and check?.. what are you talking about.?" Varun told everything to him apart from beating issue.

"Wait wait... do you know Shaw group has fallen down as well as his company three days ago and in such situation he can't afford 20 million dollar even for himself." Prakash spoke.

"Also his one man was in your father's team who got killed and his roots from New York are already vanished by him. I thought that day he came to you to join hands or some deal to support him but you are telling a whole different story."  he tap his one leg in stress and confusion.

"I think you got something wrong....lets sort both ladies from start.. On 2 August data says Maria fly to Toronto.. but she wasn't caught on Toronto Airport and got disappeared. The same day Naresh Vedh as you said Mahi's uncle had accident."

"On the same evening I first met Mahi..." Varun add.

"ok during this whole time Maria was hiding and we assume that some high position person is helping her. Somedays ago Maria released a vedio to announce her Launch and again become uncontactable." Varun nod on his details.

"Alright then now sort for Mahi... On 2 August she came to your house with your father and he said she will live with you.... If her Uncle's death and her arrival is on same day that means they didn't even hold his funeral and left New York in hurry. but why?" Prakash brain stuck.

"Her uncle was my dad's friend that turns out to be Mr. Naresh the only one close to Maria means his death is not a normal accident. Those bastards must want axis to Maria so Kevin target him." Varun complete.

"Right so he and his family i.e. Mahi was in danger so to protect her, Mr. Vedh must have asked his friend, Mr. Singh.. so your dad bring her here to keep her safe." his sentence made Varun's heart flip.

All time she was with them for protection but he always think and say filthy things to her.

"So why she will spy for someone who killed her relative. It doesn't make any sense. And about her deleting those files and to keep you away from Maria for Kevin... I guess, he must have tricked you and false claimed Mahi.... But Wait!!" Prakash pause as Varun came out of his thought.