Chapter 31: Goodbye Dad

They fly to India and then to Bengaluru where she had pieces of memories of her childhood. They get a house and after 5 months it was time for her delivery.

Doctors were worried as the baby was weak and too sensitive but she still gave birth as it was her only left purpose of living. Struggling for 3 hrs., she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Mr. Singh was cheering on listening the good news.

When nurse hand him the baby he started cry taking his small grandson sleeping in his arms. They name their little boy as Vansh. 

As days passed the baby become healthy. Mr. Singh comes to India after every two month to see his grandson.

About Varun he was still unknown of these things as after a week of his jail he denied to meet or talk to anyone except Mahi but she never came. 

Days passed, months passed, then years passed. Mahi started a new life with her son in Bengaluru as a lecturer.

Vansh was her happiness even when she was stressed or sad he light up his mother's mood. She raise him as a gentle and obedient child but he was mischievous too.

One day when she back home, she fall on couch releasing a big sigh. After a while she felt a small wet hand on her's and opened her eyes as 2 years Vansh was standing with a half filled glass of water lifting to her.

She looked at him with happiness seeing his adorable care for her. She gave him a aww smiled and kiss his cheek making him giggle and she drink the water. As she finished her eyes goes to his wet shirt and looked to his back.

Her eyes widen as in order to bring her water this small cute bunny created a mess. The water was splashed all the way from kitchen to guest room. She looked at him with so done eyes but he replied with a sorry smile and run away.

She also run behind him laughingly scolding him. They were living a happy life being each other's strength even sometimes she missed Varun but then hold herself for her self-respect and her son.

On other hand Varun got released from Jail after 3 years and keep looking for Mahi all this time. But she was nowhere to found. He asked his father, Prakash, Rena but they were bounded by Mahi's promise. They always change topic or left the conversation.

After failing his all attempts to found her, he loss his hope and lock himself in house and stopped meeting to anyone. He miss her so much that everyday he sleep in her bed hugging her Wedding gown.

He missed her food, her talks, her smile, her silly answers and cry every night, drinking and cursing himself. He was mess which pinch his father's heart so much. They try to comfort him and move on because Mahi totally denied to come back or see him.

After a lot of efforts Mr. Singh made him out of house and told him that if he can't forget her he should take over company again and help her project and dream to spread.

Like this he can pay her back and maybe if she knows that he is changed she will accept him again.

After that he follow his father's word, he stopped all illegal works and quit from underworld. Where ever he go for business trips he always look for her. On media he try to indirectly call Mahi to contact him but Mahi never cross his news section. 

Varun's POV.

I was sitting in a park bench looking at people playing and laughing with there families. Well I fly to India day before yesterday. I remember 5 days ago My dad said what I m looking for is in Bengaluru.

*flashback 5 days ago at london*

Mr. Singh had an heart attack and was hospitalized. Doctors suggest him surgery but the chances were too low. So before going to operation room he called Varun in as everything was ready for operation.

As he entered in his heart ache to see his dad lying on bed all connected to machines. Mr. Singh opened his eyes and pat seat to make him seat beside him. He sat and hold his hand.

"Dad everything will be fine, I asked doctor, he said you are strong, nothing will happen wrong.." he wanted to say good to him because he can't loose his father too after Mahi. But Mr. Singh shook his head weakly. He removed his oxygen supply to talk him.

"I know this is my end, and I m not sad about it.... Naresh, Mahi, your mother and you are my happiness and best moment of my life. In this life I ruined many things but I m glad before going I was able to correct it. And you know God reward me with a grandson too". Varun got confused on his last sentence.

Mr. Singh look at nightstand and signal him to bring his phone. As he give Mr. Singh his mobile he showed him the photo of a new born baby. Varun looked at him again with lots of question in his teary eyes.

"Yeah yeah, don't cry, he is yours and Mahi's son and my lovely grandson. He looked so alike you when he born, haha even he pee on me like you did on your first day... Varun what you are looking for is in India, Bengaluru. Even though I promised Mahi to not tell you but I think you suffered enough and learned your lesson. Go and take her with you and never ever hurt her again, they both are our angels" he said giving him the picture of his son in Mahi's hand in hospital bed.

Varun admire the pic with happy tearing eyes and looked back at Mr. Singh and hug him.

"I-I ha-ve a-a s-son dad.... I-I m f-father Thank you so much for telling me, I will never forget your favor. I promise I will treasure them more then anything ever. You don't know you gave me a hope of life. You are best dad ever!!" He cry in his arm out of happiness.

"I m glad I could able to bring this smile on your face back before I die... Now I can die peacefully." he rub his back.

"NO!! you are going to be alright after operation and we will go to India and meet my son and Mahi... we will be together and happy." Varun declarer.

"I will try my son.... and yes Dad love you all" they broke the hug and attendants came to take him. After a long operation doctors came out with down faces.

They shook their head at Varun telling him they couldn't able to save him. Varun's world crashed, he loose his dad the day he knows about his son. Prakash and Rena reach him and pat his shoulder. Doctor allow them to see him for last time.

As they enter Mr. Singh's lifeless body was lying on Postoperative bed. ECG was showing straight line losing signal of his heartbeats

Varun was staring at his body like his mind has stopped working after loosing his father. Before a nurse cover his body with white cloth he stopped her and went near him.

"you slept dad?... its okay.... you should rest, you did a lot for us...*sniff* I love you too" he said with a sad smile crying silently. They all say last goodbye to him and compounders took him.

As Varun see his father going far, disappearing from his site he finally collapsed on floor.

"I m sorry I couldn't able to say that when you were with me..."