Chapter 3: A New Family

*Knock Knock*

"I asked Who. are. you.?" this time he added anger.

The knocking wasn't bothering him. He was giving his full attention to her eyes. Suddenly the door burst opened and he let go of her wrist as Mr. Singh step in.

His gaze when to that young man with blank face and then at Mahi which turn into smiling.

"Dear did you sleep well?" Mr. Singh completely ignored that man.

"y-yes." she replied

"Who is she Dad and" turning his head to his father "what is she doing here especially in MY ROOM!!"

He shout pointing at her and facing his father, she guess.

"Calm down boy.... she just got in wrong room well you get fresh up and come down for dinner and Mahi come with me I will show you YOUR ROOM" he highlighted it, glaring at that man.

He head towards the confused yet scared girl on bed and help her to stand up and walk out.

---

Now the three of them were on dinning table. An awkward silence was covering the environment.

Mr. Singh decide to speak.

"Mahi meet my son Varun Singh. He is current CEO of our company." he said pointing to the same man from earlier.

Mahi saw at him and bent a bit to greet and said hello but he didn't gave a glance to her. 

"This is Mahi Vedh. She is Niece of my bestfriend." Varun still busy eating silently.

"AND she is gonna live with us from now on." Now both the youngers chocked on the elder's statement.

"I-i --" Mahi shuttered in shock and disbelief.

"and tomorrow Varun will bring you mall so you can buy things you needed here since didn't get to bring your luggage" Mr. Singh declare facing Mahi with a soft grin.

Varun was drinking water to calm down from his father's previous attack but after his last statement he split the water to his side.

"Dad!! I have a meeting tomorrow." he excused in cold tone.

"Not gonna work. You will go with her, she is new here. I will be in your place as I also had some work there." with that he stand up and head to his room.

Varun glared at Mahi who was looking down.

 "why she came and even without a single bag, so that she could use our money?.. such a gold digger."  he also left.

Mahi was somehow hurt, her eyes was brimmed with tears yet she endured it to not create scene on her first day.

Next day

Both of them were heading to mall in Varun's car. It was a deadly silence.  

Varun's P.O.V.

Last night I was thinking of this girl and what happened in my room.

I remembered her sleeping figure on my bed where I never allowed anyone to sleep besides my mom.

I was angry because she was a stranger and slept like she owns that bed. Many women try to get me but no-one dares to get in my room without my permission but this girl is too much.

I wonder for her sudden appearance and more strange that dad too allow her to live with us because he never let outsider stay in mansion for a day or two,  even she got the permission to spend money as much as she want.