Chapter 1: Check-up

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

Ahsoka ran through the halls of the Crucible to the medical bay.

She burst through the door of the room.

"You," she demanded to a nearby medical droid, "I need a check-up. Now."

"What seems to be the issue, Master Tano?" The droid replied.

"I... I think I'm pregnant," Ahsoka replied.

"That is hardly surprising," the droid replied. "You have, after all, reached the age where it is safe and normal for Togrutas to have children-"

"Just scan me," Ahsoka replied.

"Okay," the droid replied. "I need you to lie down."

She followed the droid's orders, and laid down on her back on the cot.

The droid pushed a button and her cot started to hover, and the droid pushed it into a bioscanning machine.

Please be true, she thought, please be true...

A few seconds later, the machine completed scanning Ahsoka, and the cot came back out.

Ahsoka stood back up.

"I am getting the results now," said the droid.

He waited as the results came up on a screen.

There was a bunch of other information that the machine had picked up, but Ahsoka was only interested in one line:

Pregnancy test: Positive.

"Congratulations, Ahsoka Tano-Bonteri," the droid said. "You are pregnant."

LUX BONTERI

Lux walked into Ahsoka's room.

"Hey, honey, I'm sorry I wasn't with you when you woke up this mooorrrniiii..."

He trailed off as he realized his wife wasn't there.

"Well," he told himself, "what else could I expect."

He walked back out of her room and out of the ship.

He figured he'd ask Katooni where she was, since she was one of the people Ahsoka was closest to here.

Ever since the pirate Yacht from Florrum had been brought back, some people trained in there or in the Crucible instead of outside. Thankfully, Katooni was out in the field.

Lux walked through the field, and Katooni noticed him.

"Padawan Bonteri," she said, "what's wrong?"

"Where's Ahsoka?" Lux asked. "Have you seen her?"

"No," Katooni asked, "why do you ask?"

"I haven't seen her yet this morning. I woke up before her, figured I'd get some training in, and then when I came back, she wasn't there."

"Maybe she's in the top room of the Yacht?" Katooni suggested.

"Good suggestion," Lux said, "talk to you later."

He ran back into the Crucible and ran through it's docking port into the yacht. He ran up the stairs and into the large party room. A few younglings were chatting in there, but his wife was nowhere to be seen.

"Looking for Master Tano?" Asked a voice behind Lux.

He turned around and saw Tuya Lana, a yellow Twi'lek youngling who was one of those Ahsoka had saved at the temple.

"Yes," Lux said, "do you know where she is?"

"No," she said, "but I saw her run into the bathroom. And from what it sounded like in there, she lost her lunch."

"Oh kriff," Lux said, running back down the stairs.

He knew she probably wouldn't still be in the bathroom, so he ran into the medical bay instead.

He ran through the docking port and into the Crucible's medical bay.

Ahsoka was standing there, talking to a droid.

"Hey, Lux," Ahsoka said when she noticed him.

"What happened?" Lux asked. "Tuya said she saw you scramble into the bathroom and she heard you lose your lunch!"

Ahsoka stared at him, as if she had good news and was finding away to say it.

Wait, Lux thought, is she...

"Lux," she finally said, tearing up. "It's happening. I'm... I'm pregnant , Lux."

Lux's eyes filled with tears.

"WE'RE GOING TO BE PARENTS!!!" He yelled in reply.

He roped in Ahsoka for a kiss.

"This is the happiest day of my life!" Lux exclaimed after they parted lips.

"We're not in the clear just yet," Ahsoka said. "The baby needs to survive, and I need to survive. We cannot afford a miscarriage right now."

"I know," Lux said. "Do we know the gender?"

"Not yet," Ahsoka replied. "But either way, they'll be just perfect."

Lux already imagined it in his mind.

The pitter-patter of two little feet crying out "Mommy! Daddy!"

And then he would lift up the child and spin it around and hold it dearly.

Lux Bonteri was going to be a Father.

And, assuming nothing bad happened to them, it would be Perfect.