1: He's Back

I was finishing up my exam it's only me and like 3 other people that aren't done yet, but we can't leave until we decide we're done and I'm about to finish. Then I have to go to work, then go back home and sleep just to start the cycle over.

I bubbled in my last answer thinking about how dull my life has become sense there isn't any life threatening situations going on right now. I handed my paper over to the professor and walked out of class.

I made my way out of the building looking down at my black vans as I made my way over to mine and Liv's job. She's already there sense she finished in time but I was feeling particularly bored today.

And that usually means I begin to day dream a lot and forget about what I'm actually doing which causes me to finish anything slower than normal. I walk in and go behind the counter putting my bag down and my apron on.

I see Liv serving someone so I start to stack some things. Weekdays are always slow in this place which means most of the time we're cleaning. I was clearing off the counter when someone sat down right in front of me.

Instinctively I ask what they wanted while cleaning a stain near them. I looked at the person after placing the rag I had back in its place. He started talking about... something I had no idea what since I was so distracted.

He's really good looking......

"You know what I'll just have a soda" he finishes smirking at me "huh? Oh... uh, yea coming right up" I say snapping myself out of my trance and getting him a soda. I handed it to him and as our fingers brushed lightly I felt a stinging pain right when we made contact

I flinched back looking at my fingertips for a splinter or signs of irritation but there was nothing I looked up at the stranger only to see him smirking already looking at me. "something wrong?" He asks before taking a sip of his soda.

"No everything's fine.." I say hesitantly before turning to wash some cups. That doesn't normally happen, in fact the last time I felt that pain Malachi Parker was trying to take my magic and kill me.

I should not have slept over at Liv's that day that was a mistake for sure, but that can't be Malachi because Malachi is trapped in May 10, 1994 he's been there for the past 2 decades so there's no way-

As if on cue my thoughts were interrupted by Liv screaming out in pain I look back to see she had stabbed the strangers shoulder she suddenly turned around and grabbed my hand dragging me towards a door only to have it shut.

"Life is so much easier with magic" I heard the stranger say wait he has magic? She drags me to the next door and it closes again the she drags me up stairs as the stranger starts talking again. "you know I'm sad you didn't recognize me.

Which means dad must've erased all trace of me, family photos, movies, that little handprint turkey I made. What a dick" with that he walks towards us and we walk back into a wall Liv blocks our path with a table and I look at her questioningly "what's happening?"

I ask "its Malachi" she says as the guy who's soda I served approached us slowly "you never were good at hiding, I mean you were 4 but c'mon get a better hiding spot" he says moving the table and closing in on us

"Phasmatos Incendia" I say causing the space between us to go up in flames. Knowing he really is Malachi is the only thing I need for my brain to react accordingly. In this case accordingly being finding a way to leave.

I push Liv towards the door and I know all Malachi did was wave his hand and the fire died. He must've taken quite a bit of magic from Liv that little shit. I managed to get Liv behind me before I was pushed against the wall by an invisible force I wince at the sudden contact of the cold hard wall

I see Malachi walking towards Liv but out of nowhere Tyler burst in and pushes Malachi over the railing causing him to loose his focus on having me pinned to the wall I fall down on my knees and quickly get up making my way over to see him getting away

I look back at Liv to see a worried look on her face as Tyler looks at her then me we rush downstairs immediately Tyler grabs her hand and rushes outside and I keep running in the direction he left. I mean he couldn't have gotten too far right? I rip my slightly singed apron off of me and keep running.

I eventually end up in the woods as I come to a stop to catch my breath "well if it isn't little Delilah" I hear his voice behind me and I turn to see him leaning against a tree smirking at me "its Lila, and you know it always has been Malachi"

I correct him standing up straighter to show I'm not scared of him not anymore. "It's Kai and you know it always has been" he says his smirk never faltering "what do you want with Liv, Kai?" I say as he starts to make his way over to me.

"What I've always wanted" he says "so to fail at killing her and Luke just like last time?" I respond crossing my arms "ouch, harsh.. little Lila got an attitude while I was away" he says now circling me "and that's not all you got by the looks of it either"

He says making me turn to face and circle him I narrowed my eyes at his "whats that supposed to mean?" I ask as we both now seem to be moving in a circle never breaking eye contact "it means I wouldn't have tried to kill you if I knew you would have grown up to look like this"

He says gesturing to my body making me raise a brow "your kidding right?" I ask eyeing him, what the hell is he up too? He slowly starts walking towards me making me back up until I'm against a tree "no, in fact if we were in different circumstances."

He pauses to scan my body them getting really close to me "I would make sure you liked me" he smirked making eye contact as I realize our faces are only like 2 inches apart "I open my mouth to say something but before I get the chance to he stabs me

I let out a small yelp at the pain now in the right half of my stomach. I hunch over leaning on his shoulder before he backed up and let me fall to my knees as I look up to him he smirks and with my last strength I take the knife out of my stomach and shove it all the way through his shoe and foot

The last thing I hear is him yelling out in pain as I fall to my side everything fading out into darkness.