5: Regrets

I drove us back to the cemetery to see The twins with the knife waiting for us. I got out following Kai as he took the knife and walked inside where Jo is Liv looked at me with sad and desperate eyes. I swing my arms around her hugging her tightly "I know Liv I know"

And with those words she hugged me back even tighter I could tell doing this to her own sister was killing her inside but she didn't want to kill Luke or die so what other options were there? I pulled back and walked inside with her and Luke who was abnormally quiet.

"I know I tried to kill you two when you were toddlers but it sure is good to be around family for the holidays" he says smirking as we all look down at Jo. He walked back outside and Liv looked at me "sorry you were suck with him" she apologized and I shrugged it off "don't worry about it"

I say as we walk out to see Kai drawing a line on the dirt "what is he doing?" Liv asks as I cross my arms eyeing him "probably playing tic-tack-toe by himself like a crazy person" Luke said and I elbowed him in the chest "ouch! What was that for?" He asked and Kai looked at me winking

"Thanks sweetheart" he says "don't be so flattered" I respond before Liv looks at us both questioningly "are you gonna stop flirting and tell us what your doing or not?" She asks "oh yea this is the anti magic border, in there Jo can get her magic back but out here well" he was cut off by Jo's screaming

"Sissy's up" he says dropping the stick and leading us back inside. "What the hell did you do to me!?" Jo screams at Kai "I haven't seen you in over 18 years and you can't even muster a hello?" Kai responds "what did you guys do?" Jo asks looking at the three of us making Guilt rush over me.

"What you should've done 18 years ago" Liv answers harshly surprising me and Luke "it's not gonna work Kai I don't have my-" "magic? Yea, yea I recall you stored it in here" he says taking out the knife and stabbing her shoulder her screams making me flinch.

"What the hell!" Luke screams at him "I'm trying to reunite Jo with her magic" he says stabbing her again her screams making me flinch once more. "It's not working" he mutters "enough" Luke says forcing Kai up by his arm but then Kai shoves Luke against the wall the knife pointed at his throat.

"I was willing to kill you when you're brain was the size of an acorn what makes you think I won't do it now" Kai threatens "Kai don't" I say as calmly as possible and Kai turns to look at me his face going from mad to concerned as he lowers the knife and backs up. "Whatever, I'm not watching this" Luke says walking out.

Kai starts to laugh wiping away any expression of concern "ah, so dramatic" he says as I cross my arms again "alright sissy let's try this again" he says crouching down to Jo's level "stop, I put my magic in there by choice which means taking it back is also my choice unless I bleed to death which is going to happen in the next 30 minutes.

Wouldn't it be ironic if you accidentally killed me before the merging ceremony" Jo says laughing humorlessly. Realization flashes through Kai's dark blue eyes as he stands up "I'm going to look for a bandage, you need to figure out how to put the magic from this knife into our sister"

Kai says handing Liv the knife "preferably by the time I get back so I don't have to dull it by slitting your throat" I see Liv's eyes swelling up in tears. God I need some air I walk around her and shove past Kai grabbing the stick he had earlier and smashing it against a near by tree.

Then I throw the rest of it as far as I can "what was that about?" I hear Kai ask behind me "nothing I just needed to let out some steam" I said and he tilts his head in confusion "that's the second time you've 'let out some steam today' " he says and I look at him

"So?" I ask "what happens when you don't let it out?" He asks looking at the pieces of the stick on the ground "whatever it is I bet it's fun" he says and I raise a brow "uh I don't know what happens I've never tried keeping it all inside I don't think it's healthy" I say straightening my hair out

"Well it's obviously not very healthy but fun now that's a different story" he says before finally leaving. After a while I see Kai coming back and he walked up to me getting extremely close making me stumble back a bit.

His hands going up to my face stroking my cheeks with his thumbs as he slowly leans in taking my lips in his own I kissed back the feeling of electricity spark at his touch just like last time. He pulls back looking deep in my eyes.

Before I know it he takes a hold of my wrist sending the same stinging pain from the first time he took some of my magic "Ahhh!" I scream out and start to fall down "you bipolar fuck" I manage to mumble out before everything fades to black and I fall down on my side.

~

My eyes slowly opened to see I was in someone's bedroom I looked around and saw Liv picking out a shirt from one of the drawers. "what's happening where am I?" I ask and she turns to me "good morning to you too" she says putting on the shirt she picked out and sitting next to me on the bed.

"Kai sucked all of my magic out of you and you passed out" she said as I sat up "what happened while I was out?" I asked and she sighed "he sucked all the magic out of the travellers spell and no one knows where he is" she says and I look around feeling guilty as hell, I made out with Kai before he sucked out the magic in me and ditched me... I'm an idiot

"What's wrong?" She asks me as I get up "nothing I'm just confused as to where I am exactly" I look back at her "Salvatore's place, Damon's room" she says and my eyes widen "okay why?" I ask and she gets up too "he was feeling guilty" she says handing me some clothes

"Well that's weird" I say taking the clothes and walking to the bathroom to change "I know but it's the perfect place for Jo to practice her magic so she can beat Kai" she says as I slip the knew shirt on "wait what?" I ask and she sighs again "I'm training her so she can beat Kai" she clears out and I walk out of the bathroom wearing skinny jeans and what I'm guessing was Damon's t-shirt

"So you really think she can beat him?" I ask and she shrugs "I don't know but I'm gonna help her as much I can" she says leading me out of Damon's room and downstairs where Jo and Alaric were having a drink. "well I hope it works Kai deserves to die" I say and she nods.

"Okay Jo back at it c'mon" Liv says a loud as me and Alaric take a couple of steps back. As Jo tries to make s'mores I look at Alaric "I'm gonna get some fresh air, good luck with that" I say and he nods as I walk out side. I feel horrible how could I have done anything with Kai? I should've just killed him at least.

And he sucked all the magic out of me! And I actually thought he might like me!? God how could I be so stupid!! I let myself be used by a psychopath serial killer!! I grabbed one of the flower pots on the porch and threw it on the floor watching it break into a million pieces

I see Damon walk up to me "why are you breaking my stuff?" He asks and I look up at him smiling "is that my shirt?" He adds eyeing me.... "this is your fault for letting Liv and Jo stay here" I say and I open the door with him right behind me Jo dropped the book she was levitating "that doesn't count I was distracted"

She says and Damon looks at Liv "are you wearing my shirt too?" He says and Liv smirks at him and I go stand next to her mouthing "your fault" before his phone starts ringing and he picks up. "magic camp how may I help you? Whoa, elena?" He says and we all look at him

"Kai has her" he says putting the phone down and we all look at him wide eyed "what?" Alaric asks and Damon just looks at him obviously worried.