» chapter 3

At this point, [ Name ] was restraining herself from crying in the bathroom. The entire restroom was empty, so she had no worries as her back touched the wall. No, it wasn't anything that had happened. It was just that [ Name ] was always easily overwhelmed, and the frustration that builds up leads to her getting emotional. School wasn't going so well already, and she didn't want to stay in the building any longer. Taking her phone out of her pocket to check the time, she sighed. She still had to return from class. Yet her legs kinda just gave out at this point... Deciding to just push herself, [ Last name ] sighed in distress. She hated how easy it was to put her in her emotional state when she was stressed or overwhelmed. She had tried multiple advices given to her by her elder neighbors, but none of them actually worked.

She took a deep breath in before exhaling and slapping her hands against her face. The sound of skin slapping against skin was loud in the empty room, but she paid no mind. At least she had flipped her emotional switch off so quickly. Slowly standing, [ Last name ] looked at herself in the mirror. Sighing, she bent down, turning the water on and washing her face, the cold liquid on her warm skin wasn't do pleasing but it's not like she could do anything about it other than keep on and on about her day.

After a few moments of composing herself, she got out of the restroom and made her way back to class. As she walked in, she got a few stares, but it wasn't anything new. Sitting next to Suna, she let out a deep breath before picking her pen up and cobtinuing to take notes of what the teacher was saying. Rintarou eyed her, mentally noting that her eyes were more glossy than usual, and her bottom lip was slightly quivering. Taking the signs of her feeling unwell, he decided to leave her alone for the day, unless, of course, she decided to pick on him. It would've only been fair if he defended himself, right? Right. That's how it went by Rintarou's logic, and you can't say his logic makes no sense, can you now?

Osamu looked up, eyes catching glimpse of Suna's gaze on [ Name ]. He smirked to himself, he felt smug just by the thought of Sunarin asking him for help about [ Last name ]. He saw this as an attraction;I mean, who wouldn't? It seemed like the perfect enemies to lovers plot. Blame it on Atsumu for dragging his brother into K-dramas or whatever you'd want, but he knew a good pair when he saw one, and Sunarin and [ Name ] would've been the perfect couple. Power couple. Anything. They seemed like they were made for eachother. Assuming soon there would be the specific upcoming test in which [ Last name ] had to help Suna, followed by a rain scene, than various hangouts and meeting the team, before eventually the long-awaited confession would come. Osamu just let his mind keep making up scenarios as he slowly spaced out.

But he was wrong. He didn't know much, anything at this point. He didn't know about [ Name ] being head over heels for his very own brother, or about Rintarou's simple boredom that lead to the game he and [ Last name ] were at.

He had never noticed the way [ Name ] looked at Atsumu. So loving, so warm, her complete demeanour changed around the blonde Miya. He hasn't noticed how her eyes only lit up at simple sight of him. But then again, he hadn't known [ Name ] for a long time period to notice that. He actually met her through Atsumu, the two were supposed to hang out but it started to rain so hard, so they had invited [ Last name ] in, ended up chatting the evening off before she eventually had to leave.

But what's even weirder, is something he had never noticed about Suna Rintarou.

Suna was a simple man. Not too bad at school nor on the court, but incredibly lazy and salty at times. Suna was fairly popular as a volleyball player, and had received many confessions which he'd always turn down. He seemes to hate anything that had to do with relationships. He hated getting attached to people.

Suna Rintarou was a mystery. He was so not fond of friendships, relationships, anything. Nothing really caught his attention for long.

Suna Rintarou hated being in love. He hated the thought of love.

Suna Rintarou hated love.

Rintarou knew his life wasn't a Disney movie. He knew he shouldn't just expect a special someone to walk into his life and leave him head over heels and make him happy. He knew love was a pointless and an unnecessary thing in life. He knew people always exaggerated the term of love.

He often liked to present it simply, as he should.

"I could have every mental illness of this world. Depression, anxiety, ADHD, Multiple personality disorder, you name it. Having a lover wouldn't help me at all, would it? It would only be another responsibility, another stupid thing to take care of. It wouldn't make me happier. It wouldn't just push my mental illnesses to the point where they'd just go "peace out", would it? So I can say it's fairly useless. It's just a chemical reaction of brain which ends up having effect on your heart. So I can personally bet you in anything you want, that I will never fall in love."

Was he right? Damn right he was.

[ Last name ] [ Name ] was like all of them A toy for his amusement, a disobeyal puppet. She'd eventually walk out of his like just the way she walked into it, right?

She wouldn't stay. None of them would stay. That's what Suna Rintarou thought, at least...

  ❀Hi!
I hope you liked this chapter! I have decided to make this a Suna x reader only, since I didn't really like the idea of neither poly relationships or love triangles in here. Why? I am not against them, I just suck at writing them an coming up with everything. Anyways, stay safe and hydrated! Go eat something, even if it's just a little bit!<3

-Sof☻︎