» chapter 6

Walking into the school, [ Name ] sighed. She had stayed up all night, getting pestered by some of her friends from Tokyo when she told them about the entire Suna situation.

"Oi oi oi, [ Name ]-chan getting a boyfriend, ehh?" She could hear Kuroo's voice ring in her head.

"Can I plan out the wedding?" Alisa.

"Isn't that the dude Akemi-chan used to date?" Yaku.

In all honesty, she felt no attraction towards Rintarou, so she found those comments incredibly unnecessary.

She only wanted to be on positive terms with him;no picking on eachother, no snarky remarks, heck not even hangouts would've been necessary.

She brushed her thoughts off as she reached the vending machine, her pointer finger instictively going for [ Favorite drink ]. Inserting a coin, she waited for her drink to deliver. Once it did she popped the can open, satisfied with the intaking scent drawing her in.

Noticing a familiar face by the classroom door talking to the Miya twins, she gave a small wave, to which Suna returned the gesture, feeling slightly awkward.

Smirking, Osamu nudged Suna's arm. "Someone finally confessed, ehh?" He teased, and Rintarou just looked at him in confusion.

"...No? We are actually trying not to fight anymore." He said in a quieter tone, which wasn't his intention.

Atsumu snorted at this, trying his best to surpress a laugh unlike his brother. "You? Trying to be nice to someone? Oh my gosh- 'Tsumu record this please!" Osamu wheezed and Suna just shook his head before walking into class and taking his usual seat by the window.

As usual, he ended up sleeping the class away. [ Name ], considering he might've still felt unwell after yesterday, had made sure to have him go unnoticed by the teacher ans ended up writing down notes for him.

As she turned to look at Suna, she caught Osamu's stare. Looking at him questioningly at the slightly odd behavior, she just turned back to writing notes at the lack of response. 'That was weird...' She thought with a sight. The teacher announced their class was over so she just slid Rintarou's notebook back to him, receiving a grateful grunt and a sleepy nod.

She suddenly picked up a thought-Why is Rintarou alwas so tired? Did he stay up till 4am watching vines and scrolling through memes, or did he just have some syndrome of chronic exhaustment? Did he stay up all night studying or was he watching some amazing movie? Did he suffer from insomnia or had he had some troubles at home? Did he have thoughts of ending it all keep him wide awake or did he go to a club, drank his ass off and got laid?

More and more questions popped in [ Last name ]'s mind, all of them begging to be answered but only met the fate of being shrugged off by the [ Hair color ] head who just brought her notebook and pen out, her hand moving out of instict.

Line by line, she didn't even know what she was drawing until her hand moved on it's own to leave the materials on the table.

Observing the drawing, she saw it had been a figure spiking a ball but getting blocked with painful ease.

Yes, she knew those terms as she had been playing volleyball in her free time every now and then, often with the Miya twins or just with her childhood friend who'd moved away not so long ago.

Soon enough, she decided she should head out for lunch and just attempt to settle her thoughts down with some coffee.

But she was wrong. Not expecting her friends from to call her in the middle of lunch, she qlmost choked on her coffee while cursing out the name of Yamamoto and Kuroo who were too busy laughing to even pay any mind to the swear words that left [ Name ]'s lips.

"Kuroo, what the fuck was so important for you to ruin my wonderful lunch?" She scowled, glaring at her phone.

"Oh y'know, just wanted to inform ya that you'll be coming to Tokyo soon, and even better, to our school!" The scheming captain grinned while [ Name ]'s eyes squinted in confusion.

"Football training camp orrr...? Wait no, your school doesn't have a female football club..." She uttered in confusion.

"Football? Didn't you say you'd sign up for the girls' volley club after you leave the art club?" Yaku pouted. He was really looking forward to playing volleyball with [ Last name ] mainly because she was a great spiker, learned from Bokuto.

"No, you were the ones who wanted me to join the volleyball club. I wanted football so I joined football." She said simply shrugging.

"Can't you join now? Please please please?" Lev pleaded and begged, but [ Name ] just sighed before hanging up on them.

"[ Name ]-chan!" She heard a voice call before turning around and smiling a little. It was Ito Yui, her friend from soccer club.

"Yui-chan. What's up?" She asked, finally relaxing from the conversation she's had with the Tokyo boys.

Ito seemed slightly nervous and a look of guilt was present on her face, that was about clear. [ Name ] took note of this and her eyebrows furrowed. "Is everything alright? Did someone hurt you or say something?" She asked in a cold tone which Yui already knew quite well through the years of their very odd friendship.

"Uhm... Captain asked me to call you... It's important, she said." Yui said, unconsciously chewing on her lower lip as [ Last name ] nodded, mind wandering to every single possibility of the urgency.

Soon reaching the girls' gym where the entire team stood, she flinched at their unease and tears streaming down their faces.

"[ Last name ]. Thank you for coming here so soon." Suzuki Ayano, their captain, said, voice cracking as she tried to keep a straight face. [ Name ] nodded as a response before asking what's been on her mind for the last few momentsm "So captain, what's with the urgency?"

Ayano took a deep, shaky breath before going to speak.

"Our team is getting destroyed."