Chapter 9: Choosing a Date

Back in the cottage, Runa headed outside to see several guys of different species standing in front of her ready to date her with Rosy and Mystico following her secretly.

"I can't do this", she whispered to herself hoping no one could hear her.

However, Aleyah did and comforted her with happiness wrapping her arms around her shoulder, "Aw, come on, sis! It'll be fine! Just choose a date with your heart and everything will be fine!".

She sighed,"Alright. I'll do it!".

"Yipee!", Aleyah jumped up high in excitement mainly because she's going to have a bigger chance to get closer to Shadow.

Then, Bruce went in front of the cottage and announced to the boys they brought, "Attention to all boys! As you all know, I brought you here for a competition, whose winner is allowed to date my adoptive daughter, Runa the Hedgehog".

As he said this, he gestured to Runa, who just looked away.

Then, he continued the speech,"And now, each of you will step forward to court with Runa and her reaction will tell if she belongs to you or not. Are we clear?".

"Yes, Bruce the Hedgehog" , all boys replied.

"Good. Now, let's get this started", he said as the event of Runa choosing a date begins.

A male wolf with a casual outfit stepped up and attempted to court with her with a bouquet of flowers. Runa thanked him for the offer, but she rejected him. A male, muscular bear with a gym outfit showed her off with his muscles, but again, she rejected him, for she's not big in show-offs. One by one, the guys tried to court with her, but it never worked.

The worst guy Runa had ever encountered was the male black cat with green eyes and his outfit was more of a princely outfit. He's too flirty for her to get along with him as she's uncomfortable with that type of guy. His name was Reuben.

Meanwhile...

The program in G.U.N. was over and Rouge was hunting for jewels while Omega headed off to do his own business. As for Shadow, he glided with his hover shoes to the cottage, so that he'll confess to Runa before it's too late.

Back in the cottage...

In the end, she rejected every boy her family brought because their type wasn't her type. Her adoptive family — especially Aleyah — were frustrated about this and told her that they'll bring more boys to court with her.

"How could you do this to me?!?! A true family knows what's best for me! You can't just force me to love someone I just met! Maybe it's better if you let me find true love on my own!", she told them.

"Listen, young lady! We brought you guys who wanted to date you, yet you reject them?! That's not what they expected! We exceed their expectations and you should too by choosing your date!", Bruce argued with her.

"But there are times when the expected goes unexpected. Like when you expect to do something, but the reality is unexpected", she argued back as tears filled her eyes and rolled down her cheeks,"It's just unfair if you force one to do something you expect it to be! And now, you're forcing me to date some sort of strangers wanting to date with me! Well, I OBJECT IT!!!".

With that being said, she ran inside the cottage, then to her bedroom crying along the way leaving others confused and at the same time feeling sympathy for her.