Chapter 13: Explanation and Comfort

Later that evening...

Aleyah beating up Runa had ended by breaking her special amulet because she knew how precious her amulet was. She told her that she will never be able to use it again for her own purposes. Then, she can be seen opening the door of Runa's bedroom with the same belt tied around her waist, then she dusted her hands off saying,"Perfect".

Then, she locked the door and added with an evil smirk,"Now, I can win Shadow's heart and make him mine!".

With that being said, she ran through the halls, down the stairs, told her parents that she's going out for fresh air, then ran out of the cottage to look for Shadow.

As she went out, she saw that Sonic and the whole gang (except Shadow) already arrived at the cottage glaring at her from the distance. She headed off to meet them.

"Oh, Sonic! Guys! What a coincidence!", she said acting all happy.

"It's not a coincidence! What did you do to Runa? Why did you beat your own sister?", asked Sonic.

"Not to mention the sibling abuse", said Espio with his arms crossed.

"That's none of your business!", Aleyah answered both questions,"How could I treat my sister like this?!".

"We heard from Omochao that you were beating your own sister", stated Tails.

"Not to mention, I was the first one to discover it", said Omochao.

"So we wanna know why you've beated her up!", said Sonic.

"Tell us now or you'll never be forgiven!", Knuckles yelled at her.

That's when rage took over her and her face turned red as she answered, "ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT!!! YOU REALLY WANNA KNOW WHY?!?!?!".

That's when Sonic and Tails realized the real reason why Aleyah beated her up due to Tails' statement about her adoration for Shadow and Sonic noticing a moment between those two.

Then, the two boys and Aleyah said at the same time in different exclamations,"Because she/I wanna/wants to date Shadow?!".

Everyone turned to them shocked about what they said.

"Well, how did you know about that, Sonic and Tails?!", Aleyah asked the two boys.

"It's obvious. I can tell the way you look at him", answered Sonic recalling to where he noticed Aleyah looking into Shadow's eyes.

"It's no wonder you insisted that he should come to your birthday party two days ago!", said Tails.

"Well, is that so?!", asked Aleyah as she untied her belt and got ready to battle them,"Now, don't get in my way while I'm trying to look for Shadow!!!!!".

With that being said, the battle between the whole group and Aleyah begins.

Meanwhile, in Runa's bedroom...

Runa had many bruises all over the body and the only bruise she had on her face was her left cheek. She was seen lying down on the floor in Aleyah's bedroom mourning for her amulet being broken with her chao friends trying to help her.

"Choo-choo", they each said to her apologetically.

Suddenly, she looked up and saw that she could still understand the chao, even without her necklace.

How could this be? My amulet was broken, yet I could still understand their language? Does that mean my secret powers requiring my amulet are my natural powers?, she asked herself in thought.

Just then, Shadow headed inside her very own bedroom through the window, then when he saw that Runa got beaten up that much, he gasped horrifyingly, ran to her and shook her gently, "Runa, what happened? Did Aleyah beat you up?".

She turned to see him worried as more tears rolled down her cheeks, then she hugged him saying between sobs, "Shadow... thank goodness you're here. All Aleyah wanted was to... make you hers. That's why you're invited to our birthday party yesterday and... and now, she found out we're dating and... and...".

She tried speaking up more, but she was too sad to do it, so all she did was cry on Shadow's chest fur. Shadow hugged her back with a concerned expression, but he also felt so much pity on the inside with one hand patting her back.