Chapter 32 - Day 74

(Y/N) hummed as she skipped to the vending machine holding her coin purse. Her gleeful expression was making a flowery aura around that everybody noticed.

It was a normal day for Inarizaki High School. Students bustling in the hallway and teachers going to the faculty room for that nice break from teaching.

For (Y/N), it will be the first time she would be taking part in something really important for the volleyball team.

I mean, she would still be taking care of their butts. This time, it will be an official meeting for the preparations for Interhigh.

She had been studying carefully about the different teams in the region. Their strategies, strengths, weaknesses, and core players.

She kept this in secret, of course.

She made her last skip and twirled once before inserting 200 yen into the vending machine.

"You're pretty chipper today." A tired voice said behind her.

She looked at the source with a glowing expression which turned sour because of the sight before her.

There stood Atsumu, his uniform messy and his hair looked like it was washed by oil.

"Oh my Kami-sama, w-what happened to you?!" She semi-yelled out in horror, pointing at the blonde lad.

"Dunno, coach cancelled practice yesterday why?" Atsumu grumbled as he pressed the button of her favorite drink for her, seeing the girl was still shellshocked.

(Y/N)'s mouth dropped, she could not believe that this dude became depressed just because coach Norimuna cancelled two days of practice.

'If I remember correctly, he said that we should take a small break because this week is just going to be practice for Interhigh. Other than that, is this what he meant by brain dead or is it during hell week?' (Y/N) thought as she looked at Atsumu with a blank stare.

He gave her the drink she came for, mumbling something about whether he should pick blueberry or strawberry flavoured milk.

'Volleyball freak.' She thought.

"Ne, (Y/N)-chan. How do you manage your grades?" He asked, sipping on the carton of milk.

(Y/N) perked up, wondering why was he so interested in the first place.

"I study for a few hours after class
Why?" She replied, standing beside him as they have their conversation.

Atsumu rubbed the back of his head, "Well... I'm really ah... Not so smart, and I don't want to trouble Kita-senpai for help. Maybe we can study some time?" He looked away, his face red at his suggestion.

This was just an excuse to get alone time with her.

'Oh... I did notice that his grades are not doing good. Maybe I'll help out coach Norimuna this way.'

(Y/N) smiled, "Sure. We can study at my place but ah... Not today, maybe next week Tuesday."

"Eh... Why next week though? Wouldn't that be rough because practice will get in the way?" He asked curiously as he threw away his now empty carton.

"My parents want me to visit my brother this Sunday and I'll be staying there until Monday." She replied, looking down on the ground with a fond smile.

Atsumu made a sound of understanding, "Oh, your brother is in Tokyo, right?"

(Y/N) nodded, "Mhm. He's attending Nekoma as a first year right now."

The bell finally rang, signaling the end of their tiny break.