-5- The decision

-5- The decision

The whole conversation lasted not only one hour, but two hours and the result was postponed to the next day.

Since the fever was gone in the morning and I was already feeling better, I went to the college. Chuyue was waiting for me at the gate and wanted to tell me something about the incident yesterday, but I didn't want to hear anything. Luckily we had different classes today and so I could avoid all this.

I spent my break in the art room. I didn't think I needed to hear about yesterday's incident today, nor did I need to see Wang Yibo after my father's embarrassing action yesterday, today. But he of all people found me in the art space where I was drawing. He sat down next to me, put my old MP3 player on the table and said: "Nice music you have on there."

Wordlessly I put the thing into my backpack and continued drawing. "Could you please not pretend I'm not here?" Wang Yibo asked me.

I looked into his eyes and said bitterly, "I'll tell her to read it. That is all I can do. Now turn around and fuck off."

He looked at me in shock and said, "I wanted to tell you something back then."

"That was then, now is now. And now I' m not interested in what you wanted to say then. So don't even start with that. I'm embarrassed enough as it is. And honestly? I have enough stress already and I don't need more people to lecture me, yell at me, judge me or anything else. So please spare me and just leave me alone."

"Okay, whatever you say. But remember, she has to read the message."

" As if I could forget." I murmured and concentrated on my drawing again. Wang Yibo left and I exhaled with relief.

The college was over, I drove home without any more trouble and then waited for my parents there. I had a strange feeling in my stomach and had been doing so since last night. I don't think I will like what they have to tell me. Or rather what they have decided.

When my brother came home, I warmed up his food for him, I didn't eat anything myself, I felt too weak in my tummy. Then my sister came, I warmed up her food too and continued to wait for my parents at the kitchen table.

After my parents came, ate and took half an hour's rest, they called us all together into the kitchen. My heart felt so heavy, I was so nervous and I just wanted to run away.

My father took the word and said, "We had a long and detailed conversation yesterday about how to proceed with Zhan. And after some back and forth, we finally found a solution. The decision is made, Zhan, you will move to your uncle in Shanghai next Monday. Until then, he will make sure that you go to college there and you can work in his business. We talked to him for a long time and he promised to teach you decency, respect and following rules".

So now it's clear, I'm being deported to my homophobic uncle. And of course nobody cares what I want or think. I am 19 years old and am not allowed to make any decisions. Wow, I'm a poor mess.

But that's not all, because my mother added: "Your uncle will go to the USA in three months and you will accompany him there. That means that you will not actually go to university in Shanghai but in the USA. And until then, you will work in your uncle's business."

I know that my uncle sold his business and is only running it for another three months until the new owner takes it over. What I didn't know was that he wants to take the money from the sale and start over in the USA. Well, at least one good thing has it. Even though my uncle is homophobic, as everyone says, he is still much nicer than my parents. And so I can probably get over Wang Yibo for good.

Since the new month already starts on Sunday, I will probably be brought to Shanghai on Saturday. So in three days. I should start packing today, which I really want to take with me. However, I only went upstairs to my room after I told my parents: "Then I want my laptop and cell phone back."

My dad told me I'd get both back on Sunday. Well, at least I got one victory.

When I got back to my room, I immediately went up to my bed. I didn't want to see or hear anything more and just have my peace and quiet. But my sister kept coming and asking me for forgiveness. But at the moment I cannot forgive her. Yes, I made a mistake by using her picture to deceive Wang Yibo so that he wouldn't know who he was really chatting with. But she, she is to blame that I will have to leave the country soon with my uncle.

But I actually fell asleep and when I wanted to go to college the next morning, my dad told me that I had already signed out and didn't need to go anymore. But I insisted, because in my locker were my personal things. I also have to sign for leaving the college myself.

So I took the bus to the college, Chuyue looked at me questioningly when he saw my empty backpack and I told him: "My parents are definitely fed up with me. They signed me out of the college and I'm being deported to my uncle where I'm supposed to learn decency, respect and to follow rules. I am only allowed to come here now to sign for leaving the college and to clear out my locker. Oh yes, and in three months I have to move to the USA with my uncle, where I can continue my studies."

"Is this a joke? Tell me you're kidding!" Chuyue replied shocked.

"No kidding, unfortunately. And I'd better hurry, because my dad has today off and if I don't come back soon, he'll pick me up personally. And I don't want that."

Chuyue took me to our faculty where I cleaned out my locker. He was simply speechless. And then Wang Yibo showed up, saw me cleaning out my locker and asked me why I was doing that. Chuyue told him crying that I don't belong to this college anymore and that I have to move in with my uncle.

"Why?" Wang Yibo wanted to know.

"It doesn't matter. I have to go to the office, sign and then go home as soon as possible. So, goodbye." I said, storming off in a hurry.

I signed my note, then snuck out of the college and took the next bus home. I left everything as it was in my backpack, after all I need it and will take it with me anyway. I started packing my suitcases and of course under the strict supervision of my father.

At some point my father just said, "Son, you know we only want the best for you, don't you?"

I just nodded my head and kept packing my bags. What could I say? Yell at him and call him an asshole? Should I have begged them not to send me away? No, because somehow I'm glad when I get away from them. And one thing I already know, I'm never going to contact them again. My family is dead to me. I never want to see them again.

After all, I have done nothing wrong. I just fell in love. It's not my fault that I fell in love with a boy. I wasn't trying to be gay. And it is not a disease I can get rid of. That's me! And if my family cannot accept me like this, then I don't want to have anything to do with them anymore!