-13- Reunion -Part 2

"You Zhan?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you know by now what I wrote to you?"

"My sister wrote it to me last night. Until then, I had no idea."

Yibo took my hand, stroked it and asked, "So nobody told you what I wrote you then?"

"No, I'm sorry. But I haven't had any contact with my family for 7 years either."

"You Zhan? May I ask you when your feelings for me ended?"

I felt my face blush when I was asked this question. I automatically listened inside myself and thought that if you lie now, you are the biggest idiot on the planet. So I asked him, "Who says they ended? When did they end for you?"

"Never. I still have the same feelings for you as I had back then. I've never been with anybody because I've always had feelings for you." Wow, I was completely speechless.

Since I didn't know what to say and just didn't feel like looking for words that could express what I was thinking and feeling, I just leaned over and gave Yibo a small peck. He looked at me with eyes wide open and suddenly he grabbed me by the back of the head with both hands and pulled me towards him to kiss me.

I don't know how long this kiss lasted, I only know there were many kisses that evening and in the end I even spent the night with him. After all these years of unfulfilled and unrequited love, I could let my feelings run free for the first time. Just like Yibo. We shared not only our first kiss, but also our first sex. Yes, for sure it was fast and maybe too early for the taste of some.

But how many years have I been waiting for this? And with gays it's actually more like that, they don't begin to date long. At least not in America. You meet someone and if you like him, and it's mutual, they sleep with each other. But since I only ever loved Yibo and wanted him, that didn't happen to me.

After our night together, we lay arm in arm in bed and it was clear we love each other, we want to be together. But how can we do that? I have built a life for myself in America and he lives here in China. Just getting on the plane to visit each other is not possible. Besides, we don't stand a chance in China as a gay couple. We would always have to hide and I don't want that.

So I said to Yibo: "What do you think about moving to my place with your sister? I have a nice big apartment and I could help you find a job there."

"Are you serious Zhan?"

"Yes. It's kind of sudden. But yes, I'm serious. I want to be with you and I like your sister, too. Here in China, we don't stand a chance as a couple. To visit each other regularly is also not possible, because you can't even leave your sister alone. And with me in America, we could give her better care."

Yibo said nothing, he just held me firmly in his arms and nodded. Only after two or maybe three minutes did he say, "If that's what you really want, then I'll accept your offer. Because I don't want to be separated from you anymore. I waited too long for you and I don't want it to end again."

Instead of sleeping, we discussed everything in detail. What he has to do to come to the USA, what I will do so that he can stay with me with his sister. Simply everything.

At some point we fell asleep and only woke up when Yibo's sister called for him. We both went to her and she was very happy to see me again. We asked her if she would like to live somewhere else and she laughed immediately. "Yes, yes." she called happily.

I have no idea if this will really work out. I just know I want him with me and be with him.

After breakfast we washed Yibo's sister, dressed her, put her in her wheelchair and took her downstairs together. Since the elevator is broken and Yibo was always alone, she couldn't get out for a long time. She was so happy.

We put her in my car and then drove to the hotel where I wanted to introduce Yibo and his sister, to my best friend.

When we arrived at the hotel, Yibo's sister was amazed. Many stared at her and Yibo was uncomfortable. But I did not care. I asked a woman who stared at us: "Never seen a pretty young woman in a wheelchair before, or why are you staring like that?"

Yibo looked at me startled and I shrugged my shoulders. We took the elevator up and went to my room. Lena was jumping on the bed and almost fell off the bed when the three of us entered the room. And happy as Lena is, she ran towards us, greeted me, introduced herself to Yibo, and then said to Yibo's sister: "And who is this particularly charming young woman?"

Yibo's sister laughed happily and hugged Lena. And Lena started immediately. She dressed Yibo's sister in a beautiful dress, made her hair and a nice make-up and Yibo's sister was very happy. I took many pictures during that time. Yibo stayed by my side the whole time and was very pleased.

We told Lena about our plans to live together in America and Lena promised to help us. She even immediately had a crazy idea so that Yibo could really stay and work. "You should both get married. Then Yibo can definitely stay."

At first Yibo and I laughed about this suggestion. But then after a while, we really thought about it. And suddenly Yibo said, "Why not? I don't intend to be without you again. Then why shouldn't we get married?"

Sure, I'm crazy, especially about Yibo. And so I agreed. If there's one thing I know, it's that I love Yibo, and I've loved him for so long that I can even imagine marrying him.

We spent the next two weeks with the preparations, clarifying Yibo's move. He quit his underpaid job, cancelled his lease and I clarified everything with my uncle in the USA. During this time he took care of the residence permit for Yibo and his sister and had some work done in my apartment, so that it is not only handicapped accessible, but also the actual workroom has been converted into a room for Yibo's sister.

We booked another room in the hotel where Yibo and I spent the nights together, while Lena looked after Yibo's sister in the other room. Lena taught her a few English words and couldn't get enough of her. She saw herself as her big sister and went out with her a lot.

This time in which Yibo did not have to worry about his sister did him good and he became much more relaxed and happy.

We also visited my family together. Lena and Yibo's little sister also came with us. My parents are not used to seeing me with a man, but my mother found we looked great together and mentioned several times how great my taste in men is.

Yanli also came, she apologized to Yibo and he forgave her. Apart from that she hardly talked to us. My father said it was her bad conscience. My little brother, however, practically hung on me and was just happy to spend time with me. He also got along great with Yibo right away. And he said to Yibo: "Take good care of my big brother. And when you get to America, remind him to call me lots of times."

"You can always come visit us." I said that and he was immediately happy about it. No one from my family had ever visited me in America and doesn't even know how I live there. I am happy that my brother wants to come and visit me.

We also visited Yibo's parents. But they were so drunk that they could hardly speak. They didn't even pay attention to their daughter, and Yibo's little sister had tried to get their attention again and again. I just felt sorry for her.